Bad eperience with Weber customer service

Originally posted by paul h:
I hope this isn't the trend for things to come since the sell out of the company
icon_rolleyes.gif

I don't think so. I purchased a Genesis E320 about a month ago and one on the screws was damaged. It was a Sunday night so I sent an email with the serial number, purchase date and part that was damaged. Received a response Monday and a new hardware pack was received on Wednesday.

i just got off the phone with Tim, a weber customer service guy.

i was trying to order an ash pan, ring, and one touch system for an old grill. he said it wouldn't work because of the H bracket, and he offered me a VERY nice discount on a new burgundy bowl and lid (seriously 90 shipped for a new OTG)

I told him i'd make the ring work on my grill.
ended up ordering the pan, ring, cleaning system, and three BLACK handles for 74 shipped.

great customer service!

This is the problem I have with the parts section of Weber's website. Instead of taking you to your exact model, it asks if your unit is gas or charcoal, temp gauge or not, ash pan or not. And there is nothing on their website for WSM parts, that I could find.

My suggestion, have links to specific models. Not vague "Does it look like this?" nonsense.

Originally posted by Greg:
This is the problem I have with the parts section of Weber's website. Instead of taking you to your exact model, it asks if your unit is gas or charcoal, temp gauge or not, ash pan or not. And there is nothing on their website for WSM parts, that I could find.

My suggestion, have links to specific models. Not vague "Does it look like this?" nonsense.

I do agree with this. I wish they would have a section just for the WSM parts. And I can't find the schematics for the different WSM's on their website. I know the TVWBB has them but I want to make sure we're looking at the same drawings when I talk to them on the phone to make sure I'm getting the right parts.

But I've had nothing but good experiences with them when I've actually called them in the past. Very helpful people.

I just got off the phone with Weber CS and couldn't be happier about the service I received . I melted a part from my gas grill while lighting my charcoal chimney . Basically had the chimney sitting on the side burner and lit it that way . As it would turn out the cast aluminum burner ring melted . I told them what happened and they are replacing it under warranty . I do agree that their parts web site is pretty much useless . Walks you through a bunch of questions and then gives you a phone number . They could have done that at the beginning of the parts page and saved us some time .

I've had a great experience with Weber CS. They replaced the manifold on my EP320 within the year I purchased it, I purchased a 22.5 WSM and the center section was out of round. They actually sent me 3 center sections, the final one was actually pulled and inspected prior to being sent to me as the first 2 were scratched or damaged due to shipping(I have 3 center sections sitting in my garage). I also purchased several sets of black handles and the one touch system. They have been stellar every time.

Back