Bad Byron

Don C.

TVWBB Super Fan
Has anyone tried this rub? I saw it on the food network and some of the Q'ers swear by it, so I bought some.

I have a big cook planned for the 4th and was gonna try this run instead of the Texas rub we all love.

Gonna use the Texas on the brisket.

Rath *details of "The Cook" coming soon*

Rath my friend. I have heard many good things about it but have never used it. Let us know what you think of it.
icon_smile.gif

I have been using Bad Byron's Butt Rub for a couple years. I've used it repeatedly on ribs and chicken, always to good reviews. If there is one downside, if you use too much, you might receive some complaints that the food is too salty. I like the smoked chipotle flavors he's got in there. Right now, I'm finishing off another big jar of Butt Rub, but I'm also experimenting with Head Country Championship Seasonship. Used Head Country on pork butts two weeks ago and they turned out great!

Bad byron is really good; one of my favorites I use it with a sweet John Henry's rub like Maple Walnut or Pecan with my butts;

Head Country has fantastic products; their marinade is out of this world; on ANYTHING;

I use the HC rub as a seasoning while pulling the pork;

I never use any sauces on the pork but serve it with them; The rubs and smoke speak for themselves.

Even though i live in Eastern NC i dont use vinegar.

I love it for butts but it is too potent for ribs in my opinion.

If you can find the butt rub peanuts, go for it, they are wonderful.

GO AWAY ARLENE.

tt

Thanks for the Bad Byron rub review. If it has to much pepper, the folks I feed will not care for it.
I'll have to try the Head Country. Heard a lot about it.
I like the Texas rubs, but have to go easy on it for the family. I have some of Fatz's Pig Powder right now. Not to bad. Really a fine powder, good to inject with. I mixed it with the Texas rub and liked that also.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bob T.:
Thanks for the Bad Byron rub review. If it has to much pepper, the folks I feed will not care for it.
I'll have to try the Head Country. Heard a lot about it.
I like the Texas rubs, but have to go easy on it for the family. I have some of Fatz's Pig Powder right now. Not to bad. Really a fine powder, good to inject with. I mixed it with the Texas rub and liked that also. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Bob, Shoot me an email. I have the Head Country Rub and their original and hot BBQ sauces here. We can get together and i'll give you some to try. I have 1 1/2 cases of their sauce and about 10 lbs of the rub. It's good stuff.
icon_biggrin.gif

Ditto on the Butt Rub peanuts - they are awesome. you can order them off buttrub.com and I'd highly recommend them.

Back