Back in the Saddle

Richard Garcia

TVWBB All-Star
For one reason or another I have have not used my WSM 18 1/2" in about 1 1/2 years. It has been sitting covered in my covered car port and appears to be in good shape. I bought it new through Amazon in the Year 2007 and now plan on smoking some chicken for Fathers Day. Question, anything special I need to do to my WSM before I start my cook? Also,hate to admit it but I have not accessed the VWB Website in about the same time that I gave my WSM a rest. I have a lot of catch-up reading to do which I will enjoy!

Rick

OTG 22 1/2" with Smokenator, WSM 18 1/2"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by richard garcia:
For one reason or another I have have not used my WSM 18 1/2" in about 2 years. It has been sitting covered in my covered car port and appears to be in good shape. I bought it new through Amazon in the Year 2007 and now plan on smoking some chicken for Fathers Day. Question, anything special I need to do to my WSM before I start my cook?

Rick

OTG 22 1/2" with Smokenator, WSM 18 1/2" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just fire that dude up and away you go
wsmsmile8gm.gif

I did two birds halved and marinated with Mojo Criollo last week. They were prett good too.
Took exactly 2 hours for them to cook at about 250*.

good luck/ Happy Fathers Day.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by richard garcia:
Question, anything special I need to do to my WSM before I start my cook? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Depends on how messy it is on the inside. Ya might want to let it burn for a bit before adding the chicken.

Question, anything special I need to do to my WSM before I start my cook?

Rick

OTG 22 1/2" with Smokenator, WSM 18 1/2" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I think the first order of buisiness would be to humbly approach your neglected WSM and crack a brew. Offer the smoker a swig and down the rest yourself. Then with most reverance APOLOGIZE to your friend for being so distant and promise never to go so long between your get togethers. If all goes well and your WSM has been restfully sleeping for the past 1 1/2 yrs, perhaps a good smoke will come from it.
wsmsmile8gm.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Mark

Back