Baby Backs that fall off the bone..

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

G

I have made them twice on my smoker. The second time I cooked them longer and they were a little more tender, but they still weren't fall of the bone good. Can I acheive this without using foil? Or do I need to foil them up for a period of time? Thanks!

if you want true, fall of the bone ribs i would use foil. if you're doing spares you might want to try 3 - 2.5 - .5 or 3 - 1.5 - .5 if you're doing bb's.

Try letting them rest in some foil with a little more apple juice right when they come off the cooker....after doing the 3,2,1 method that is.

You do not need to use foil. Foil works, but it is not the only way to get the meat to fall off the bone. Have you tried the BRITU recipe? You can get fall off the bone with the BRITU method. Foil results in a different texture than not using it. You might want to try a slab with and one without foiling and see the difference.

My last batch of spares took 7 hours at 240 lid temp to get to where we like them. I don't prefer them to "fall off the bone", but to pull clean with a bite, if you know what I mean lol. My Wife likes them to be able to almost pull the bone out from the meat. That's to mushy for me.

Back