Baby back ribs

Larry D.

TVWBB Emerald Member
My Smoke Day was delayed due to threatening weather, but here is one of two racks of baby backs I cooked. They were rubbed with Memphis Dust, cooked over Royal Oak lump with a few chunks of hickory, and sauced with a homemade sauce that is supposed to be a clone of a Tony Roma's sauce. The ribs got finished before the sauce (I was still cooking it down to thicken it) so I just took the first rack, poured a little of the boiling sauce over it, and wrapped it in foil while waiting for my daughter to arrive for lunch. The ribs were good, especially since I got them on sale for $2.49 a pound. 😄IMG_20210607_114209430-2.jpg

Beautiful looking ribs Larry! Did you do these naked and then wrap them to keep'em warm until you ate, or did you wrap them while cooking as well?

Beautiful looking ribs Larry! Did you do these naked and then wrap them to keep'em warm until you ate, or did you wrap them while cooking as well?
Thanks! I cooked two racks in... rib racks (I never wrap ribs during cooking). One was done before the other, and when I tried to pull it out of the rack it came apart in three pieces. So I took those and wrapped them in foil (with the sauce) while I let the second rack cook a few minutes more. The picture is the second rack when it came out of the smoker, with no sauce applied.

Thanks! I cooked two racks in... rib racks (I never wrap ribs during cooking). One was done before the other, and when I tried to pull it out of the rack it came apart in three pieces. So I took those and wrapped them in foil (with the sauce) while I let the second rack cook a few minutes more. The picture is the second rack when it came out of the smoker, with no sauce applied.
Haven't been smoking long. Just got my 22 WSM back in November. I've always wrapped my ribs after about 3-4 hours, but I think I'll give'm a go without the next time. Thanks for sharing!

Back