Awesome Barbecue Gloves

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love those! I've already ruined a pair trying to handle food with them (oops). Bought another pair for a friend. Might be time to get one more pair for myself!

Chris, I went to amazon from the TVWBB site to link up to the gloves.
icon_confused.gif
Help Bryan

Hi Bryan,

What you did doesn't work...but thanks for trying.
icon_smile.gif

Each link to Amazon on TVWB has the code "thevirtualweberb" embedded somewhere in the URL. The location and format of the code in the URL will vary depending on the type of link (e.g. an individual product link vs. a link to the Weber Store on Amazon.com). In fact, Amazon provides a special tool that helps me generate these URLs correctly.

When you click one of the Amazon links on TVWB, your Amazon shopping cart gets tagged as being referred by TVWB. Anything you place in your shopping cart during the next 24 hours and buy gets credited to TVWB.

The best way to share an Amazon link that you find on TVWB is to right-click on the link, choose "Copy Shortcut", then paste the link into your message. For example, the link to the gloves found on the TVWB Shopping page:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00006JEGB/thevirtualweberb

What will not work is to click one of the TVWB links to Amazon, then navigate to another product--say a lawn mower--and then copy/paste the Amazon URL from your browser's address line into your bulletin board post. That URL does not contain the TVWB code.

Sorry for the lengthy reply, but it's a complicated topic.

Regards,
Chris

Chris, thanks for all the info. When i buy stuff on amazon i always go through the forum link. Just got confused on why the url was not linked to the TVWBB. Thanks Again Bryan

Hey, Chris, I spend a lot of money at Amazon. If I go there through your website and order anything, you get a little change, right? I'll be sure to start doing that everytime I order something.

Not to take anything away from TVWB and the Amazon link, but I get gloves like that (welding gloves) at Harbor Freight. 3 pair for $8.99. (TVWB probably doesn't get a commission from HF though)

Welding Gloves

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John Mason:
Not to take anything away from TVWB and the Amazon link, but I get gloves like that (welding gloves) at Harbor Freight. 3 pair for $8.99. (TVWB probably doesn't get a commission from HF though) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
No, that doesn't help TVWB...but TVWB's not greedy. Folks can buy the best gloves wherever they see fit, and there are still other ways that generous folks can help Support TVWB.

Jim, you are correct. All you have to do is enter Amazon.com by clicking on any Amazon link on TVWB, then browse, search, shop, etc. Any and all items you put in your cart in the next 24 hours and buy helps to support the site.

After you checkout and want to go shopping again next week/month, you must again enter Amazon via a TVWB link so the site gets credit.

Regards,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back