TVWBB Hall of Fame
Avocado Hollandaise Sauce

1/2 very ripe medium Hass avocado, peeled and chopped
2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
2 TB. extra-virgin olive oil
Kosher salt
Freshly ground pepper
Poached eggs, for serving

In a blender, combine the avocado and lemon juice with 1/3 cup of hot water. Puree until smooth and light in texture, about 2 minutes, scraping down the side of the bowl occasionally. With the machine on, drizzle in the olive oil and puree until combined. Season with salt and pepper.

DH puts this on buttered toast and then egg or egg then avocado sauce on top. Either way, it is like I said, delicious. Hope you try it (and like it. lol)

1593622199658.png

Was scrolling through and saw this the other day. We gave it a try this morning on top of a poached egg and a keto muffin. Came out great, a nice change from hollandaise. Thanks Joan!20200801_110307.jpg

Your welcome Gary. I am in shock (and also very happy) that someone tried a recipe that I posted. lol

I am so glad you and your wife enjoyed it. We have had it many, many times. It is my next favorite way to eat avocados. My favorite way is with just lemon juice and salt. Mmmmmmmm

Today is National Guacamole Day. We had 1 avocado. Needed something for breakfast. Yep, had this instead of guac. later. I know, it doesn't count. lol, but, as usual, it was DELICIOUS!!!!!!

Back