Automatic Gas Shutoff Timers

That is a good question. The two front wheels have locking casters. The grill feels very stable and unlikely to move on the rough paving stones. I could build a wood (or other material) frame to contain it, but would have to drill the pavers to anchor that frame. Someday we would like to build a small surround "island" and roll the grill into it.

We kept the previous Genesis 3000 grill in the same place. It never moved, not even in the highest winds. This new grill will also be stationary.

That stack of gas fittings is more rigid and strong than I expected. It feels like a solid pipe anchored to the ground, but I have no intention of relying on that alone. I am already working on something that will shield and protect it from getting bumped or damaged by the grill or large yard tools. Hopefully it will be sufficient until we fabricate something more permanent.
I think a lot of us are simply interested in your install. I like it, and like I said, it's just "if it were me" I'd probably put a frame on the ground, or anchor it somehow, but if you had a 3000 out there with no problems with wind, then I guess this grill should be OK too. I have some exposed drain pipes in my basement that I keep a half full 5 gallon paint bucket in front of to avoid hitting it with anything else, I just think about what a pain it is to fix a busted pipe, and natural gas sure would be a pain!

Anyhow, enjoy the grill! None of us are trying to "flame" I don't think, we are just thinking and making some suggestions.

I think a lot of us are simply interested in your install. I like it, and like I said, it's just "if it were me" I'd probably put a frame on the ground, or anchor it somehow, but if you had a 3000 out there with no problems with wind, then I guess this grill should be OK too. I have some exposed drain pipes in my basement that I keep a half full 5 gallon paint bucket in front of to avoid hitting it with anything else, I just think about what a pain it is to fix a busted pipe, and natural gas sure would be a pain!

Anyhow, enjoy the grill! None of us are trying to "flame" I don't think, we are just thinking and making some suggestions.
All good points, and I greatly appreciate everyone's contributions here. I have learned a lot and gotten some good ideas from you, and want to encourage everyone to say what they think.

Come to think of it, we lived with the capped gas line sticking out of the pavement for years without thinking about it at all. For years. The old Genesis 3000 was positioned next to it, where the new grill is now. The grill was close enough that it kept people from tripping over stubbed gas line. We are adults but have had many kids come to visit. Nothing bad happened with the old stub. Call it luck.

The gas line is taller now and more of a hazard, but it does not feel like "drop everything" urgency. We are working to make it better and everyone's input is helping us learn and improve. Thanks.

Capped Gas Line.JPG Weber Genesis SP-E-335 Closed.JPG

I too am not a fan of the "vertical" connection. Not so much for moisture but for the "kink" in the gas hose. I would at least make it horizontal

Back