Aura Kettlezone

I really think that baskets and rings really help get a better burn. Before using them I would always have problems with coals that were never lit up and the fires did not seem to burn and spread evenly. I am considering making a ring between the size of the WSM 18 and 22.

N I don't use a charcoal ring. I really thought about getting a WSM 22 charcoal ring to add to the set up, but for the cost of it I just decided against it. I throw a layer of charcoal in, a ring of smoke wood on top that and start it with two started squares and do what you did. The only issue I have even had with the the Aura is that twice the temps started to drop and when I checked it was because the fire was moving directly and a good portion of the charcoal was untouched. I just pushed all the charcoal back together and the temps bounced back.
Yep. A direct top mount vent in the lid would give better air flow to burn evenly.

I already had the WSM ring as an extra out of my smoker. Figured I might as we.l put it to use and it did perform very well.

I was browsing around and just saw this only fire Barbecue Cooking Grate System Grilling Accessory for Weber 22" Kettle Grill. Looks similar to the Aura with a few twists. Any thoughts.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B084RRCMWW/?tag=tvwb-20
View attachment 47456
Yeah. I saw that. Looks like a you know where made knock off.

The prolem with the second level in a stock kettle is its going to give very little clearance under the lid. It might... MIGHT... work with a ring to act as a spacer if it fits with the ring. The problem would be figuring out the clearance under the lid, particularly the thermometer probe.

I was browsing around and just saw this only fire Barbecue Cooking Grate System Grilling Accessory for Weber 22" Kettle Grill. Looks similar to the Aura with a few twists.
Thought you might appreciate this. This was dinner tonight courtesy of the kettlezone.

20220320_183610.jpg

20220320_183622.jpg
20220320_183544.jpg
20220320_183854.jpg
Baked on the kettle for about an hour to hour and a quarter. Very juicy, great flavour, and just a hint of smoke. Used the leftover coals from my chuck roast cook.

Thought you might appreciate this. This was dinner tonight courtesy of the kettlezone.

View attachment 47539

View attachment 47540
View attachment 47541
View attachment 47542
Baked on the kettle for about an hour to hour and a quarter. Very juicy, great flavour, and just a hint of smoke. Used the leftover coals from my chuck roast cook.
They look great. What was the purpose of using the Aura though? Looks like you had the temps at around 400. I usually cook those right over the coals.

They look great. What was the purpose of using the Aura though? Looks like you had the temps at around 400. I usually cook those right over the coals.
Just to experiment. I usually cook bratwurst indirect for a longer time. I wanted to try the kettlezone so I can fill more of the grill if I want and use a higher heat for a faster cook.

I make sure to not overcook my brats, and over the years I've been able to shock people when they bite into them and see a solid pink smoke ring around the brat. The cook was very even, and I only turned them once during the entire time.

Here is my favorite reason for the Aura.
IMG_20220327_115526052_HDR.jpg

Two racks of ribs, uncut, laying straight, with room for me add the chicken breast to be smoked later. I wanted to keep the cook lower and was able to keep it between 225-230 with ease. They came out great.
IMG_20220327_174427404.jpg

Back