Aubers fan will not stop running.

Brian Merz

TVWBB Member
I just got my Aubers ATC and am doing a test run, my problem is even past my 225 set point the fan keeps turning on and of in 2 second intervals. Right now it is running at 250 and rapidly climbing and still running on and off. Is there something I am missing or is it just learning my WSM?

Have you sorted it out yet? If not are you sure you have the fan plugged in the right port? Remember the atc needs to learn so that it can control the temperature. What are your settings? Send me an email so that we can chat.

Are you doing a Minion burn? I have a 22 WSM and start with a full ring of unlit K. I pull about 1/2 a chimney of unlit from the center, light it, and return it to the ring. I then assemble the smoker and open all vents until I get close to the target temp (usually 225). I then close the bottom vents, hook up the Auber, and turn it on.

I find the Auber overshoots the temp the first time, but then gradually zooms in on the target. After a couple of hours, it is usually rock solid on the target temp.

Make sure you don't have other vents open, and try to get the temp close to your target before you let the Auber take over.

Thanks for the replies, I have been busy. I have the controller set to 180 for a real slow smoke for sausage. I set the alarms all to 250 to shut them off because I use a Maverick to moniter temps. I have all vents closed and taped up the open vents around the Aubers fan, the top was about half. I lit the fire with 2 Weber cubes in a half ring of left over Kblue from Thanksgiving turkey and let the fan bring the pit to temp. The fire stalled around 150 for about 30min then shot up like a bat out of heck to 250. Even at 250 the fan just kept running like it was shooting for 300. Does the alarm setting have anything to do with the fan or is that just for the buzzer? I will try again tommorrow I am going to some Ribs and 4lbs of pork butt I have left over from making sausage.

Back