AUBER CONTROLLER FOR WSM

I think it does Jerry per the PID variables.....but I want to look in specific temp ranges so it's better for me to use the ON and OFF MODE.....

turns off when it hits 277 and turns back on if below 270

they say to do that with the pitmasterique110

I open my vents at about 1/4 and it forces the air out, it's stated that if you open the top vents too much the fan on the bottom (the open side slots which draws in the air from the fan motor) will start to suck air in from the pull of the top vents....well that is what ique 110 states.......i have read here that some people keep their vents 1/4, 1/2 open....... using my ique with 1/4 to nearly closed on windy days, i still haven't gotten any stale smoke taste

Having a hell of a time with this thing. With all the vents closed, the unit cant maintain the temp and I lose my fire. This is with the 20 cfm fan! Outside temp is 95f with a light breeze. So far very unhappy with the Auber!! Setpoint at 225, temp reading 207...

did you read about the auto tune?....if this is your first auto tune it will be all JACKED UP until it can read your smoker....

Try the ON and OFF MODE...it might work better......

prior to......open your top vent about 1/4, 1/2 and see what happens
did you try the minion method???...if so how many lit briquettes did you burn

Originally posted by Jerry Lorton:
204 mid cook. Doing an auto tune now.

where is your temp probe at and did you get a chance to calibrate it maybe it's the probe...

also did you verify that your blower is actually blowing>

Jerry send them an email, I've heard that some times even on a saturday they may contact you with a solution to the problem even on a saturday.

Auto tune complete with top vent at 50%. temp never got to 230f during the tune. My 732 was showing 240f. Probes are next to each other, center of rack 2" away from meat and grate. Full ring of K, started with 20 lit coals and 1 gal of water. Got to temp then hooked up the Auber. Fan is working, centered over hole. Fan cycles on and off. 4 hrs into it temps read 221f on the 732 and 215f on the Auber.

Jerry this is what Auber sent me to get the changes down for my temps 272-277........

So the range is 272-277 instead of 272-276? Then Hy needs to be 5, SV is 277.
To change the SV, use up and down key directly when it's powered on. Please follow the figure 7 on the instruction manual to change the outy and Hy.
http://auberins.com/images/Man...YL-1614%20manual.pdf
Basically, you just need to press the set key, and enter the code 0089, then press the set key again. It will show the parameter Inty. Press the up key, it will show outy, press set, then change the value to 3. Then press set. Press up key, then it will show the parameter Hy, press set, then change it to 5. Press set, then press the up key a few times until you find the parameter named END, then press Set.

Originally posted by Jerry Lorton:
Auto tune complete with top vent at 50%. temp never got to 230f during the tune. My 732 was showing 240f. Probes are next to each other, center of rack 2" away from meat and grate. Full ring of K, started with 20 lit coals and 1 gal of water. Got to temp then hooked up the Auber. Fan is working, centered over hole. Fan cycles on and off. 4 hrs into it temps read 221f on the 732 and 215f on the Auber.

Was the water cold, room temp alittle cold..because with that in mind with the water, it's a natural heat absorber.....its possible the temps were down due to the water (was the water cool?). Try it again later with no water....see the difference....if your still getting the same results then you need to call auber......one thing, lower temps mean that your WSM is probably pretty air tight since it didn't raise on it's own.

Try a cook without water in the pan.

Ditch the water with an ATC. Water makes it harder for the Auber to do its job, and prevents temps from getting up to where you want them. If you are not using on/off mode, the Auber adapts to your smoker, the way the charcoal is burning (different depending on wind, outdoor temps, even the dryness of your fuel) and other variables. Water makes it harder for the Auber to adjust. Just foil the water pan and leave it dry.

YEAH....what HE said.......
icon_cool.gif

I was up to temp before I started using the Auber. Mailman wasnt here yet. Never had a temp problem before this **** thing.

Next time ill try on/off and dry? Or on/off wet?

My last cook with out the auber was easy to maintain, top vent open, 1 bottom closed with the other two 90% closed. SO this this not being able to reach the set point has me confused. I can see the smoke being forced out when the fan is running.

Originally posted by James Jacobson:
Ditch the water with an ATC. Water makes it harder for the Auber to do its job, and prevents temps from getting up to where you want them. If you are not using on/off mode, the Auber adapts to your smoker, the way the charcoal is burning (different depending on wind, outdoor temps, even the dryness of your fuel) and other variables. Water makes it harder for the Auber to adjust. Just foil the water pan and leave it dry.
Should I try PID mode with no water?

to be perfect honestly....all three....so you can see the difference...

next one you should do first is PID no water, foil the water pan

2nd: On/OFF without water

3rd ON/OFF with water..(to see the temp difference)..

4th...PID with HOT water in the pan...boil some water and put in the pan and see if that works. but I won't use water in the pan.....you'll burn more fuel and heat just to heat the water

start researching the clay diffuser...for heat shield with the water pan.

And if you inject the meats the moisture will be all good!

Back