Assistance with Screws

JohnS NJ

TVWBB Fan
Sounded weird typing that in.

Read the sticky but couldn't find an exact measure on some screws. Looking to do some tuneups on my grill hauls. Could someone assist on measurements before I order online/local hardware. Got the socket flats, clevis pin, and winged nuts/washer. Just need the ones above them. Thanks!

1587561963482.png

Are you talking about the ones circled below:
I believe those would be the one on the left side of the cook box that holds it to the frame and that is 2" x 1/4" x 20
The shorter ones that hold the manifold to the fire box are: 1 1/2" x 1/4" x 20

screws.jpg

what about those small little screws between the blue boxed you made and the socket flats? Are those to hold the z rails for the drip tray and wood?

Those would fit the drip rails on the bottom of the cook box. The ones for the slats are about that same size except they are round headed philips head screws.

No, I don't know the specific size. Sorry. Could always take one out of the grill and take it to the store with you.

John,
Those 16 sheet metal stainless screws pictured are from my 3200, a rather unique Weber. Look at post #15 in that restore for the pic labeled "underside shot" They are used to hold the porcelain shelf to the sides of the cook box.
Most Weber restores will not need those screws.

What model Weber are you restoring?

Jeff

Last edited:
John,
Those 16 sheet metal stainless screws pictured are from my 3200, a rather unique Weber. Look at post #15 in that restore for the pic labeled "underside shot" They are used to hold the porcelain shelf to the sides of the cook box.
Most Weber restores will not need those screws.

What model Weber are you restoring?

Jeff
This quarantine has been good pickings for me lately. Got a total of 5 grills two 1000, one 3000, one 3200, and one Silver B. Total was 30 bucks and gas - it was the red head that I was willing to pay for. So now I got a whole bunch of grills and wanted to pick up screws in bulk so I don't have to keep hitting up the hardware stores. For the most part, the screws are standard across the board and I was able to find a parts list from running the 3200 serial number on weber. However, I wanted to get some clarification on the screws for the z rails that hold up the sliding drip pain. I finally got them off of one box but didn't want to go around and get the wrong one and strip the threads.

You know, I’d probably just pick up a couple of dozen of all of them just to have some on hand, put them in an egg carton in a drawer (or a parts cabinet) all pretty handy sizes.

Back