Asparagus Question

I EVOO them, S, P, and generally some other random spices. Last night I used Chipotle Chili powder.

Lately I've been putting them directly on the grill (perpindicular of course) b/c I saw Mr Lampe do it in a post. Prior I was always putting them in a little aluminum foil boat. Only "complaint" about straight on the grill was that they picked up some debris but it didn't affect the flavor.

Cheers

I use EVOO, white wine vinegar, S&P. Let sit for about 30 min in that mixture. Oh, I only cook the ends, I disgard the stalks. Cook either on a cast iron grill pan at med-high heat or directly on the grill after cleaning the grate and rubing with cooking oil. MMM MMM good. Don't overcook now! Al dente.

Mark

I'll sometimes garnish with crumbled prosciutto. Throw the prosciutto on the grill for a couple minutes, then crumble on the A when done.

I also forgot to mention earlier that I'll sometimes marinate them in Roadside for an hour or more before grilling instead of the EVOO, S&P.

EV00, salt, pepper right on the grates for me. Then finish with some powdered garlic and some fresh grated pecorino or reggiano, else maybe a little balsamic. Otherwise straight off the grill.

Back