Asado!

Jay M

Hey, so I was reading Steven Rachlains book that I got for xmas and was interested in the argentinian style of bbq or "asado". Of course I continually check craigslist for any weber deals when I came across this.

http://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/for/978568554.html

I just went and put a down payment on it. This should be fun to play with. I like the grates are channels and are tilted so the grease runs down into a catch-all. I am not sure that I can go for the traditional blood sausage or cow intestins though. Anyone have an argentinian grill?

oh you never pay full price on cl.
icon_smile.gif
and he will clean, and help me disassemble and load.

I just hope I can get it loaded without to much damage. Oh and he also threw in a box of argentina salt ... looks like rock salt or maybe sea salt? now who has a chimichurri recipe?

Jay, looks like a really cool BBQ grill, outdoor cooking Hut.
icon_biggrin.gif
Hope all goes well during the move. Let us know when you get it all set back up, and post some pics.

Good luck with it, Jay. Hope it works out great for you. Personally, I'd love to have something like that. But, stucco? Hate that stuff! It has to be blended properly and you can't put a thin coat on either. If you have to refinish it, do your self a favor and do some homework to get it right the 1st time.
icon_cool.gif

Bill

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">now who has a chimichurri recipe? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
This is the one I use:

Bunch fresh parsley (about a generous half-ounce/20g), leaves only, chopped
1 tbsp chopped fresh oregano leaves
1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
Half tsp sea salt
Small red chilli, finely chopped, or a pinch of chilli flakes
1 spring onion (white part only) finely chopped
4tbsp olive oil
1tbsp wine vinegar
Mix all the ingredients together with a generous grinding of black pepper.

I cut back a bit on the wine vinegar (I use white wine vinegar) and add a bit of lemon juice. I also add a bit of finely diced red, yello or orange bell pepper for some color and a couple of bay leaves. I like to make it the night before and remove the bay leaves and stir just before using. I add quite a bit more garlic than it calls for too.

Picture on a 'bella cap here

Hope you have fun with your new toy!

I also would like to see some pics of it set up and in action and hear your thoughts.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">now who has a chimichurri recipe? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Here's MINE and some PICTURES

Hey Thanks for the recipes. I can't wait to try one out. I was reading a little more about asado (bbq) argentinean style. They also cook over an open pit using these huge skewers. I found a pic of one here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mbm55/280268245/

One of you guys has to try this because it just looks way too cool!

Back