As Weber Takes Grilling To Innovative New Heights, Can It Keep Pace With Demand?

I get nervous when reading about demand and supply chain issues. Most no manufacturer is immune to these challenges--Weber included--because no manufacturer can produce all the required raw materials for their products. COVID attributes to this but is not the exclusive cause. Some of our resin shortages are not due to COVID and, while I'm not an expert, using Weber as an example, not being able to procure seeming simple items like handles, wheels, leg caps, etc. can result in finished goods shortages. When Ford is holding F-150 WIP inventory we know there's a serious crisis.

Maybe its me I read it the kettles killing it the Traveler is mentioned and I would have guessed that would have been a hit so if the kettles are killing it I would assume performers are doing the same seems to be demand for the those new tec gassers which they mention is doing the same unclear whether they are shipping those yet maybe wrong. No mention of the Smokefire pellet grills in that article read into that what you want.

By the way touting SAP in the tech world is nothing new nor anything ground breaking. Sap/Hanna has been around for years but to move to that platform takes years and a ton of money and Kudo's to management to go that way since they are private your never gonna know what it cost them and it cost them a lot but that is no different from any company that has to go that way.

Yeah, I really don't want a "smart" grill. If I need to plug it in, if it has electric motors, if it has a computer, if it has WIFI . . . I'll just use my kitchen oven.

I have a list of things that Weber should be doing to innovate.

Bring out a good quality gravity feed charcoal grill / smoker.
If they want to innovate the gas grill, do an automatic thermostat not a stupid remote thermometer
Go back to using tube frames or something better than sheet metal
Go back to durawood bottom shelves on open card grills
Offer a dam rotisserie burner on the N/S grills + add a little more height to the sides to fit larger diameter cooks.
Offer a IR side burner like Napoleon and others

There is already a significant presence of used grills on Marketplace with the description, " I bought this for the pandemic." Who buys a grill and uses it once, seriously?

Back