Arm Roast for pulled beef

CaseyMcC

TVWBB Member
Anyone here with any experience doing an arm roast for pulled beef? I found a nice looking one at my local butcher shop and was wondering if it would cook like a regular chuck roast. The one I have does not include a cross cut of the humerus and is only one or two muscles. It looks like either a really well marbled rump roast or a chuck that has a fat cap but no big intermuscular fat seam. Are they close enough on the clod to treat the same, or will the lack of intramuscular fat & connective tissues cause it to get dry? If worse comes to worse, I can always just smoke/roast it to the higher end of med rare.

I've cooked quite a few of them. Treat it like a pot roast ( smoke and braise ) and you can slice or pull but I prefer to slice.

I’ve done them both sliced and pulled but the smoke/braise method makes for a nice soft pulled finished product.
My wife prefers them pulling to threads.

I've cooked quite a few of them. Treat it like a pot roast ( smoke and braise ) and you can slice or pull but I prefer to slice.
Looks like its the Battle of Tims. I'll start with the sliced. What did you cook it to for slices as far as the temps to get slices?

I’ve done them both sliced and pulled but the smoke/braise method makes for a nice soft pulled finished product.
My wife prefers them pulling to threads.
I'm guessing that you went until it was soft butter probe when you do pulled. What was the time frames you dealt with for that method? My roast is 3.16 lbs

Back