Are these OEM grates from a Gen 1000? And what about the flip up table with no slider?

Tork T

TVWBB Member
I can't stop looking for deep firebox Webers...and I can't stop BUYING deep firebox Webers!

I just bought a Genesis 1000. Serial number EI 84963 (which does not pull up on the Weber site). The former owner had written in the manual: purchased July, 3, 1997 from Med Freyer store for $499.

Grill is in real nice shape and included original manual, cookbook, and a few cleaning pads with a full bottle of propane for $50.

-The flip up table does not have a slider but has the bar and bracket with a hole. Was the slider an option or standard on earlier models? I thought the slider was later than the bar/hole affair.

-Anyone ever seen these style of grates?

-Did wood tables and the wire rack precede Durawood on both tables and lower racks or were wood/durawood upgrade options?

Thanks for the help!

IMG_8577.JPG

IMG_8586.jpg

IMG_8579.jpg

IMG_8584.JPG

The number still doesn't work on the website for me. It may mean the grill was previously registered.

I can't stop looking for deep firebox Webers...and I can't stop BUYING deep firebox Webers!

I just bought a Genesis 1000. Serial number EI 84963 (which does not pull up on the Weber site). The former owner had written in the manual: purchased July, 3, 1997 from Med Freyer store for $499.

Grill is in real nice shape and included original manual, cookbook, and a few cleaning pads with a full bottle of propane for $50.

-The flip up table does not have a slider but has the bar and bracket with a hole. Was the slider an option or standard on earlier models? I thought the slider was later than the bar/hole affair.

-Anyone ever seen these style of grates?

-Did wood tables and the wire rack precede Durawood on both tables and lower racks or were wood/durawood upgrade options?

Thanks for the help!

View attachment 11560

View attachment 11563

View attachment 11561

View attachment 11562
Hi, I would guess that the grids are not for a Weber based on the fit.

Never seen grates like that before. The grill is a 1997 model year based on that serial number, but I assumed that grills after about 1996 all had the slider for the swing table.

Bruce- My 1993 Genesis 2000 has the slider along with the wood tables and wood bottom rack. Could Weber have had an economy model they sold through department stores back in the mid-late 1990s which didn't include the slider, wood rack, or durawood option?

Didn’t they make them at first where you just moved the rod from the clip on the back leg to a hole on the side of the front leg. The slider rail came later. Not sure though.

That's what I was thinking because I have a Gen 2 with the rod/clip and hole, but I don't understand why my 1993 has slider yet the 1997 Gen 1000 has rod/clip and hole. It's a Weber mystery...

Yah, I have a 1993 that came with the clip. The OP's 1997 has me totally confused. I thought the sliders were on all genesis 1000 grills in the later 1990s and that they had done away with the real wood by then. It almost looks like the OP has a 1993 grill with a 1997 owners manual.

Tork, does the grill have a serial number sticker on the outside of the control panel on the right or maybe stuck to the underside of the control panel?

Yes to both and both numbers match. My earlier post has the manual with the date the original owner purchased it. Below is the sticker image from the underside of the control panel:
IMG_8582.jpg

Yah, Kind of has me stumped. On inspection without knowing history, I would swear you had an early 1990's Genesis 1000

Well, the manual has the date 12/94 in the bottom right corner, and the Type II quick disconnect info page has a 4/95 date in the bottom right corner. Maybe the grill hung in the store for awhile...

IMG_8591.jpg
IMG_8592.jpg

No reason to modify/update the manual between 94/95 and 97 if there aren't enough changes to make the lawyers nervous.

Back