Are these manifolds different?

DanJC

TVWBB Fan
4445DCDC-DFCF-4A0B-ACA0-71D5F5D98388.jpeg

Ignoring the blue tape, and focusing on the small piece to the right of the middle burner. That is the only difference between them. One came off a 1000, the other a 2000 (don’t know which).

Thanks!

They should be the same. The one on the right is probably off the 2000 if it had a side burner. That tap to the right of the middle valve is a tap for a side burner. The other manifold on the left of the photo has a plug in that place.

Ah, interesting. 2000 didn’t have a burner, but I guess it could have been a replacement part or used as stock in factory.

Yah, that kind of perplexed me as well. But on second look, there is also a plug in that elbow adapter as well. Weber routinely put extra ports on their manifolds back then and then just plugged up any ports they didn't need for the grill. That way any manifold would work for any of their grills, with or without a side burner. My manifold actually has the main port, plus two extra plugged ports. I still haven't figured that one out since I didn't think they had any grills back then that needed more than two ports total.

I've got a Genesis 2, it comes with the longer frame on the right to accommodate an additional work surface or swap that out for an optional side burner, thus the manifold comes with an additional unused connection. Add the side burner and you've got a Genesis 3. I think it was the same for Genesis 2000/3000. So I say that manifold on the right is most likely your Genesis 2000.

But essentially the only difference is the pipe elbow, which could have been added after it left the factory. I tend to think all manifolds left the factory with an extra port until a cost-cutting move came along, possibly when the dot com bubble burst in the early 2000's.

Last edited:
But essentially the only difference is the pipe elbow, which could have been added after it left the factory. I tend to think all manifolds left the factory with an extra port until a cost-cutting move came along, possibly when the dot com bubble burst in the early 2000's.
Could have been added, but I'd say it's original to a Genesis 2000 manifold.

My original grill that I purchased in 1995, was a Genesis 2000. At the time, the dealer was giving the option to add a side burner to the gril, replacing the wood side tablel, thus turning it into a functional 3000 model. I still have the original right side table for that grill, never used it though.

. My manifold actually has the main port, plus two extra plugged ports. I still haven't figured that one out since I didn't think they had any grills back then that needed more than two ports total.
This is just a guess, but the original LP tank had the hole in the collar (where the tank hangs on the scale) 180 degrees from the outlet. Newer tanks have a grab handle there and the holes for hanging the tank are at 90 degrees from the tank outlet. That means that when you hang the tank the outlet either faces to the back or front, where the original tank had the outlet facing towards the side. The regulator and hose fit nicely when the outlet faced the side, but not so much when the outlet faced forward or backwards. Maybe the extra port was installed to fix that?

Gerry

Don't over think it. Back in the day the 2000/2 models came with the extra port so a side burner could be added. AT that time they sold a drop in side burner kit. They had them in the store when I bought my Genesis 2 back in 1992. Even the manifold on my factory OEM 2000 currently on the deck has the extra port. It's so funny watching people over think this stuff

Larry, over think about why my Genesis 1000 has two extra ports. For a total of three.

Yah, I wonder what is up with that. Did Weber ever have a grill back in the 90's that utilized two extra ports somehow?

Back