Are there any newer Weber models that dont have rust issues?

Robert Leland

Im looking for a reasonably priced (maybe used) model that has a sear zone and a side burner.

However it seems that a lot of the cabinet models have issues with rust inside/at the bottom/where the smaller wheels attach.

Has Weber solved this in newer models (like ones at Lowes/Costco) or is something where you have to buy a specific tier of Weber to avoid it? If so which ones.

Appreciate any wisdom on this thank you!

An open cabinet grill will almost always be less prone to rust.

Unfortunately, the current generation of Genesis grills don't have the open cart design available. You would have to go back to a Genesis II series to get the open cart. I think the current Spirit lineup still has an open cart option, but then it doesn't have a Sear burner.

An open cabinet grill will almost always be less prone to rust.

Unfortunately, the current generation of Genesis grills don't have the open cart design available. You would have to go back to a Genesis II series to get the open cart. I think the current Spirit lineup still has an open cart option, but then it doesn't have a Sear burner.

Yeah I was looking at the E-330 / E-335 but there aren't a ton of them with the open cart design.

Shame they haven't done anything corrective to fix them. Used E-330 GIIs are almost the same price as a new Genesis with the same features.

The newer grills don't have a chance of lasting 30 or 40 years like the old ones. Everything is built as thin and as cheap as possible to cut costs. It's understandable with the competition and inflation raising material and labor cost. I like some of the newer Weber's and own more than a few of them but for longevity just a little bit of time money and effort put into an old Genesis will give you a long lasting grill with a small price tag. Yes you'd be giving up your sear burner but at least for me all my grills get hot enough to sear steak very easily. I even recently had a Weber SPX 435 smart Grill and after 1 year I could already see it's expiration looming. I still like to use some of the newer Weber's but I know they are temporary and not long-term like the older ones I own and will always have for the rest of my life. You can still get some good years use out of a new one or newish one and I think that's most people's goal. For me personally I want a grill/grills that will Outlast me.

I kind of took this in a totally different direction than you asked and I'm sorry for that but here's an example of one in my area that with very little time money and effort could be an excellent grill for a very long time. To me it's beautiful and has tons of character but I also understand to some people it just looks old and outdated.

Check out this item on OfferUp. https://offerup.co/lsOaAgA70Nb

Screenshot_20241026_124341_OfferUp.jpg

Back