Are open cart grills being DC'd?

JSaus

TVWBB Wizard
I notice on the Weber site that all the Spirits are cabinets and the only open cart Genesis is the E-310. The E-330 with sear station is gone. So much for a low cost entry level Weber grill.

I can still see the E-330 and add to cart is active: https://www.weber.com/US/en/grills/gas-grills/spirit/spirit-e-330-gas-grill/46810001.html

I see the E-210 for a two burner open cart too. Myself, I prefer the cabinets just for the looks. I know they are prone to rusting though.
That is the Spirit E-330 with cabinet. The Genesis II E-330 open cart with sear station is now missing. Weber has already announced discontinuing the Spirit II E-210 and E-310 open cart grills. I am wondering if it extends to Genesis open cart too. Probably more related to bottom line then popularity.

Looks that way. My observation is that closed carts are prone to rust, but consumers in general think of the closed carts as an upgrade. It’s too bad, I prefer the open cart myself, and have had 2. The first lasted over 20 years and my kid now has it. I replaced it with a spirit II.

My favorite of the Genesis II line that I have posted more than once is the open cart, crimson special edition with the nice 9mm stainless grates, handle light, and sear burner.

Genesis Special Edition Crimson.jpg
Looking at BBQGuys.com it looks like you are right and that if you want this configuration you will have to go with the closed cart. I would love to have gotten one of these and replaced those easy-to rust-bottom slats with wood. But I liked that Weber had brought back the open cart. I guess the general buying public (who think differently than us grill nerds) didn't see it that way. If they had sold well, there would be more.

That is the Spirit E-330 with cabinet. The Genesis II E-330 open cart with sear station is now missing. Weber has already announced discontinuing the Spirit II E-210 and E-310 open cart grills. I am wondering if it extends to Genesis open cart too. Probably more related to bottom line then popularity.
I need to slow down at times. I just saw E-330 and immediately thought of that Spirit as it’s a really nice model I’d hate to see discontinued. I thought a the 3+sear on Genesis were 335 models, so learned something new I guess.

My favorite of the Genesis II line that I have posted more than once is the open cart, crimson special edition with the nice 9mm stainless grates, handle light, and sear burner.

View attachment 37549
Looking at BBQGuys.com it looks like you are right and that if you want this configuration you will have to go with the closed cart. I would love to have gotten one of these and replaced those easy-to rust-bottom slats with wood. But I liked that Weber had brought back the open cart. I guess the general buying public (who think differently than us grill nerds) didn't see it that way. If they had sold well, there would be more.
I think the open cart design sold just fine, only that it lasted too long. I agree, the crimson SE was a looker.

If anyone wants an open cart, you might check Home Depot, Lowes etc. while they still are in stock.

At $20 a lb. NO.
I resorted to buying a 2.5 pound Chuck roast to cristen my new personal grill

Last edited:
Just a couple of weeks ago ribeye was $5.99 a lb at the local market! I bought a couple, probably should have bought more. $20 a lb almost makes me want to turn vegan...not!

Yah, that is at my local Walmart too. $19 plus per pound. Crazy. If I had seen Ribeye for $6 a lb in the last year, i would have taken a second mortgage out and cleaned them out.

Actually was in Walmart today and same thing with the Angus beef prices. I picked up a small pork loin to slice down and grill. Can be quite tasty.

Yah, that is at my local Walmart too. $19 plus per pound. Crazy. If I had seen Ribeye for $6 a lb in the last year, i would have taken a second mortgage out and cleaned them out.
I would have but I'm trying to break my wife of the freezer habit. We have a big freezer left over from when we had the kids living at home. I found a 7 year old turkey in the bottom recesses once...I cooked it just to see but it was inedible. No more buying for the freezer for me, but it's a constant battle with her.

Actually was in Walmart today and same thing with the Angus beef prices. I picked up a small pork loin to slice down and grill. Can be quite tasty.
Exactly what I did. I got my chuck roast and a pork tenderloin. Instead of the $20/lb Ribeye.

Ed:
I personally don't have a problem with frozen meat. 7 years old, yah, that is a problem, but a month or so, no big deal. Sure, fresh off the butcher block is great, but when I see a deal, I grab a couple extra and drop them in the deep freeze.

We vacuum-seal almost everything we buy in bulk, but a 20lb turkey is too big to bag and seal. There's lots of things in the freezer to eat, but what happens is we buy the ribeye at a good price and eat that first.

Last edited:

View attachment 37549
I don't know about finding a crimson, but be patent and there will be deals on used Genesis 2's to flip. I have flipped a couple already and you are correct the metal bottom slats were starting to bubble.

Back