Apple Wood Chunks

Jeff Bray

Any fellow Canadians know where to purchase Apple Wood chunks, I can't find them anywhere, everybody seems to have hickory that's it!

Jeff

Jeff,

Amazon.com I just ordered a 5 lb bag of apple and pecan from there the other day. $11.99 ea. and includes delivery!

Also, Ontario has lots of apple orchards. Just drive out to one of the local ones and ask if they have anything kicking around from cut offs, or if they will sell you any. I know I have to do that myself.

Derek

Jeff you should be able to get them at Capital Appliance & BBQ.
http://www.bbqing.com/cm1.cfm?fid=25&lang=1&html=location_info_and_hours.html

I suggest calling first before you go.

You could also go to a local orchard and ask for some of their trimmings or ask a friend that has an apple tree for some. I also see, and have gotten the odd branch from, wild apple trees all over the place. If you need any sugar maple let me know, I'm waiting on hydro to come take down a very large tree on my property that is threatening their hydro lines.

Just tried Amazon, said wouldn't ship to my address, what's up with that?
I do know of an orchard near by my house, will be checking that out for sure!
I just might take you up on that offer Bob, Thank You!!

Jeff

Went to local orchard today and got around 30lbs of apple wood chunks for free!! got to like it.
Thanks for the info guys!

Jeff

Jeff,

Amazon uses Purolator/Fed Ex, etc to ship. Might be that they will not deliver to residential address where you are. It happens. Try and see if you can ship to your work place. That is what I do. No hassles at all doing that.

Derek

.................Man I wish I would have been smoking 5 years ago. There was a huge apple orchard that they cut down and just let it lay in piles for months near me. Shoulda woulda coulda.....

Back