Apple Pie Ribs?

Chuck B

TVWBB Member
Has anyone heard of baby backs with an apple pie rub/crust? A buddy had some at a party and said they were excellent but I'm not sure how much he was drinking. I think the apple w/pork makes sense but was just wondering if any of you masters had experimented with this?

Never had any or heard of any ! BUT It does sound interesting can you get more details like a recipe maybe ?
Iam always up for a new rib style / recipe
wsmsmile8gm.gif

I just googled it and there seems to be a lot a diffrent recipes duno if it the rib thing there so many of them and iam to sleepy to read a pile a them tonight
icon_smile.gif

It shouldn't be hard to come up with a recipe. Look for a rub that has plenty of apple pie spices (allspice, cinnamon, clove) and make a sauce that 50% bbq and 50% apple jelly.

You could get more involved and look for a dry drink mix (kool aid?) apple flavored and add that to your rub.

good luck.

I've got a baseline recipe I'm going to tweak and experiment with today. Report to follow.

Thanks!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by j biesinger:
It shouldn't be hard to come up with a recipe. Look for a rub that has plenty of apple pie spices (allspice, cinnamon, clove) and make a sauce that 50% bbq and 50% apple jelly.

You could get more involved and look for a dry drink mix (kool aid?) apple flavored and add that to your rub.

good luck. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or even possibly blend up some apple pie filling instead of the jelly?

Back