Apparently I’m a big deal

Do you have a fave Amador winery? Or wine?

Nothing from specific producers, though I haven't had an Amador wine I didn't like. But I've been making wine for several years now, and some of the best grapes I've gotten my hands on have been from Amador - particularly Zinfandel and Petit Sirah. They've produced some of my personal favorites, which are usually Zin heavy blends (with Cabernet Sauvignon and Syrah), or just Zin blended with 10-15% Petit Sirah. Just seems to be a relatively undiscovered gem for wines and grapes.

Nothing from specific producers, though I haven't had an Amador wine I didn't like. But I've been making wine for several years now, and some of the best grapes I've gotten my hands on have been from Amador - particularly Zinfandel and Petit Sirah. They've produced some of my personal favorites, which are usually Zin heavy blends (with Cabernet Sauvignon and Syrah), or just Zin blended with 10-15% Petit Sirah. Just seems to be a relatively undiscovered gem for wines and grapes.
Yeah, those are top fruits in this region. I’m amazed you’re able to get grapes out by you from here. Impressive. Do you buy the juice or do you get whole fruit and crush and ferment?

There are some great wines and wineries in the Amador region. It’s like what Napa and Sonoma were 20 plus years ago. We’re starting to see Napa names buying wineries. Rombauer bought in a few years ago.

If I get cell signal I’ll post as we’re out and about our day.

Do you buy the juice or do you get whole fruit and crush and ferment?

Crazy, but you can get whole fruit. Lost my primary source a couple years ago and my current source, while more convenient, only gets Lodi fruit. Still not too bad if you're a Zinfandel fan. I can still get my hands on Amador, Napa and some others, but it's a two+ hour drive each way. And on occasion, local wineries will supplement their growing with purchased west coast grapes. I was actually able to get some Horse Heaven Hills Merlot from Washington a few years back.

Crazy, but you can get whole fruit. Lost my primary source a couple years ago and my current source, while more convenient, only gets Lodi fruit. Still not too bad if you're a Zinfandel fan. I can still get my hands on Amador, Napa and some others, but it's a two+ hour drive each way. And on occasion, local wineries will supplement their growing with purchased west coast grapes. I was actually able to get some Horse Heaven Hills Merlot from Washington a few years back.
Are you in NOVA or out in CA? Or is the 2 hour drive to your fruit source, someone who bings fruit east? Ima confused. But that’s easy to do to me 😆

Back