Anything you different for beef ribs?

Craig C

TVWBB Fan
I was going to try some beef ribs over the weekend. anything I should know or do different than pork?

Craig,

When you purchase the ribs, if you haven't already, make sure there is a decent amount of meat on the top of the racks. I made the mistake of picking up some el cheapo racks that had all of the meat trimmed off the top, leaving me with very little meat!

Good luck with the cook.

Kyle

Craig-

Longer and a slightly lower temp range works for me (225 or so.) Bear in mind that it will take quite a bit longer for the beef fat to render out than pork ribs. A rack of beef ribs (listen to Kyle's advice above about selection) usually takes me 7-7.5 hours.) I put up a page on some I did a while back, take a look:

Beef Ribs

Good luck!

Rich

I love pork too, DS, but the chuck eye roast I made last week was FANTASTIC! Made me want to try something else beef. I,ll fill you in on the results.

I made beef ribs 2 weeks ago and they came out awesome. They were the best beef ribs that I ever had. I had always grilled them before. Cooked a rack for about 6-7 hours. You'll love them!

The beef ribs turned out great! 7 hrs total. Applied rub night before and used 2 chunks of hickory. Sauced last hour. FANTASTIC!!! If you have not tried yet, please do.

Here are some i cooked a while back. They were great I used Texas BBq Rub on them,Stubbs for dippin some slaw... Damn I am getting hungry!!
PictureorVideo325.jpg

I like my pork ribs with some sweetness but don't really like to much on my beef so I usually cut the sugar

Back