Anyone want to smoke a fatty?

I don't think I have to elaborate as to what a fatty is here. First off I want to apologize for the pics. They were taken pre 4th of July last year when I dropped my old Point & Shoot. Afterward I bought a DSLR and surprisingly my photog skills have improved greatly.

This one is a fatty stuffed with yellow pepper, sweet white corn, and cheddar cheese.

Ingredients:

1 lb. of regular breakfast sausage (again, use what you like. It’s your fatty!!)
1/2 yellow pepper chunked
1 small ear of white corn with the kernels sliced off (you can used canned or yellow corn, but fresher is better)
1/4 pound cheddar cheese
2 heaping tbsp of minced garlic
1/2 cup of loosely packed asiago cheese
10 turns of a pepper grinder
Enough granulated garlic to dust the outside

I chunked up some yellow pepper and cut some corn off the husk:

10.JPG

I sauteed the peppers for a couple of minutes and then threw in the corn to soften them up a bit. 6 minutes total in the skillet for the peppers over medium and 3 for the corn:

12.JPG

I laid out a pound of Jimmy Dean regular breakfast sausage on a piece of wax paper and spread out some cheddar:

13.JPG

Then added the corn and peppers:

18.JPG

Put the fatty (along with a cheese filled one and some beans) on the right side with the coals on the left for indirect smoking at 250:

25.JPG

The foil underneath is to save any cheese that might ooze out. But what about all the grease you ask? Easy, poke a hole with the probe thermometer through the foil to let the grease drain away:

32.JPG

2.5 hours in:

34.JPG

Normally I do these at the magical 275-300 degree range for 2 hours but it was a windy day and this smoker sucks so I was having a hard time keeping the temp at 250.

Ready to be sliced after lots of time to rest. With cheese stuffed fatties is you cut into them too soon the cheese will literally pour right out of them:

37.JPG

Here is the cheese filled one:

39.JPG

And here is the pepper/corn/cheddar fatty:

41.JPG

Heyyyyyy Scott - Way to go my friend - You are having a ball with this smoking thing. Nice job on the fatties - I can tell you will have a ball doing ABT's. lol. Great job and thanks for sharing. That was a super presentation. Again, thanks. Bob Bailey
wsmsmile8gm.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Another Bob B:
Heyyyyyy Scott - Way to go my friend - You are having a ball with this smoking thing. Nice job on the fatties - I can tell you will have a ball doing ABT's. lol. Great job and thanks for sharing. That was a super presentation. Again, thanks. Bob Bailey
wsmsmile8gm.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bob, I loves me some ABT's all except the prep. We did a tailgate for the Mizzou/Illinois Football game last year and served a boatload of food and handed out cards to people referring back to the website. I have no idea how many we made but they filled five 1 gallon ziplocks. By the time we were done my shoulders were killing me.

Back