Anyone order from GrillHandle.com recently?

I’m a little disappointed in the contact I had too. He was great with the handles but, I’ve not heard “Boo” about the vents.
I’ll just pass.

No, it's not. The distance between the two holes is clearly about a 1/4" to short on the wood handle. That sucks! Do you or a friend have a drill press? With the service issues you've had from grill handles, it would be faster and easier to fill that hole in and then re-drill it.
I'm not even going to bother reaching out to the GrillHandle guy about this.
Like you suggested, I filled it in with some wood filler and going to stop by the neighbor's house this weekend that has a drill press.

I’m a little disappointed in the contact I had too. He was great with the handles but, I’ve not heard “Boo” about the vents.
I’ll just pass.
I have a vent handle from him too....going to install it tonight when I'm doing wings. Want the kettle to be hot so the old plastic one is easier to remove. The vent handle looks ok, hoping it fits.

Got the vent handle installed. Taking off the old one was very easy. Trick is to do it while you are cooking something with high heat. It heats up the plastic and it'll pull right off. Did some wings!
The new one fit right on there...I just need to tighten the set screw.
The new wood looks pretty good, I was hoping the "cherry" wood would have had a red tint to it or been a bit darker. Still, looks much better than the mis-matched plastic pieces I used to have.

The drill press was a pretty painless fix for the charcoal bin handle, annoying that it didn't come drilled correctly to begin with.

IMG_20200807_200833.jpgIMG_20200807_200840.jpg

Kyle, leave your new handles exposed to light and they will darken over time. We remodeled our kitchen with cherry years ago. We were shocked what the cabinets looked like when installed. The contractor told us not to worry. Sure enough they darkened over time. The wings look good.

Kyle, leave your new handles exposed to light and they will darken over time. We remodeled our kitchen with cherry years ago. We were shocked what the cabinets looked like when installed. The contractor told us not to worry. Sure enough they darkened over time. The wings look good.
Very interesting! Had no idea, I'll give it a try. And the wings were excellent.

Do yourself a favor and contact Mark at River City Woodworks. He will respond quickly and get you setup with some very nice wood pieces
Thanks Kyle, I plan on providing the material even! I want them to match the handles I have, I have access to some more of the cypress so, yay!
Thanks for the tip!
The problem is I don’t Facebook and don’t feel like adding one more place for me to get in trouble(FB marketplace), anyone have a straight email address?

Thanks Kyle, I plan on providing the material even! I want them to match the handles I have, I have access to some more of the cypress so, yay!
Thanks for the tip!
The problem is I don’t Facebook and don’t feel like adding one more place for me to get in trouble(FB marketplace), anyone have a straight email address?
I just sent him a message and will let you know

Grill handle.com is where he bought his.

A guy in some of my Facebook groups has a 3d printer and can make nice custom ones. He is getting a 2nd printer to handle custom colors too. Affordable prices too. I think Charles Bouchard has an account here too, but not sure he posts a lot

Screenshot_20200811-122220.pngScreenshot_20200811-123248.pngScreenshot_20200811-123315.pngScreenshot_20200811-123345.png

Last edited:
Very interesting! Had no idea, I'll give it a try. And the wings were excellent.
We had one piece in the kitchen that did not darken. It looks the same as the day it was built. The whole kitchen was that light shade when it was built. Everything else in the kitchen darkened beautifully.
E6CB458B-7334-4822-93CB-89639D6485E8.jpeg

We had one piece in the kitchen that did not darken. It looks the same as the day it was built. The whole kitchen was that light shade when it was built. Everything else in the kitchen darkened beautifully.
View attachment 11569

I really like the way it darkened up. So strange the one random piece didn't darken up. Maybe they sealed it differently?

I'm going to roll my grill out into the backyard uncovered on days when it's not supposed to rain. One benefit of working from home!

Necroing this thread. Hopefully all your orders have arrived by now.

Ordered a regular mahogany set from GrillHandle on Oct 9th, no word other than initial confirmation. Sent a message last week.

Local Chicago-ish guy so glad to buy from him but been 8 weeks now (with Thanksgiving in there).

Back