Anyone order from GrillHandle.com recently?

Try the guys at RiverCity, Mark is a class act! He got mine to me in a reasonable length of time. Given how things are with shipping, I wouldn’t expect much before Christmas. RiverCity will get all my business for handles or anything else. The guys at grill handles were simply rude to me and that ended that PDQ.

Necroing this thread. Hopefully all your orders have arrived by now.

Ordered a regular mahogany set from GrillHandle on Oct 9th, no word other than initial confirmation. Sent a message last week.

Local Chicago-ish guy so glad to buy from him but been 8 weeks now (with Thanksgiving in there).
I have ordered a few things from him in the past & it never took this long. I have order with him right now with the same date as yours, October 9th. After 2-3 emails to him, he finally replied back on November 9th stating that handles require 8 business weeks for completion. In the end his product is superior to the competition, here is a link to some of his eBay listings:

I will prefer courtesy to rudeness any day of the week. I have gotten products from both places and Mark‘s courtesy trumps the attitude I got from the other guy.
In the classic words of captain Woodrow F. Call:
”I can’t stand rude behavior in a man. I won’t tolerate it.”

That’s just my experience.

I have ordered a few things from him in the past & it never took this long. I have order with him right now with the same date as yours, October 9th. After 2-3 emails to him, he finally replied back on November 9th stating that handles require 8 business weeks for completion. In the end his product is superior to the competition, here is a link to some of his eBay listings:

Thanks. I'll send him another message or a call next week, since it's posted on the website.

Like it's just handles for a grill, but would just like an idea of when I can expect. Heck I'll go drive out there and pick them up - it's 20 minutes away and save the postage/packaging.

I saw RiverCity mentioned here and yeah look good too, but wanted to give my Chicago guy a shot.

They will probably blame COVID for the delay. Not sure how that could be the issue, but seems every one is blaming COVID for everything lately.

To be fair, it's not like wood grows on trees.

I don't want to dump on a small business, just wanted to check if there were still general issues which it sounds like there are. Maybe I'll hire the guys who call about extended warranties.

Considering who to go with myself.
I know he does fantastic work and has a really strong fan base, but what in your opinion makes his superior?

Just to follow up on this, I did eventually get mine, posted in a separate thread. Received Oct order at end of Jan.

Got three mahogany handles from GrillHandles and they look great.

PXL_20220122_170211792.jpg

Back