Anyone Near Seattle Want to Rescue a Grill Tonight?

Roy-Parallax

TVWBB Pro
The owner of this one says he's put it out to be picked up by the trash men at 7 a.m. tomorrow. I have no use for a Genesis A because the parts aren't interchangeable with my Platinum and I'm not a rehabber. If it were a B or a C, I'd grab it.

Last edited:
Well, I did something stupid and impetuous. Weberitis clouds one's judgment. I imagine a few of you know this.

The owner of this grill left if out by the curb to be picked up with the trash. I was heading down to Seattle tonight to pick up a subwoofer I've had my eye on for about a month. So while I was there, figured what's the big deal -- I'll drive 20 minutes and see if it's still out there. Sure enough it was. So I grabbed the grates (nice heavy original cast iron ones), the cooling rack (missing from my Platinum) and the knobs (as one's missing on my 1000-LX). You guys had already confirmed that the Silver A is not compatible with the 1000 series or any other Silver/Gold/Platinum grill. Sure enough, when I got home none of it worked. I mean, the knobs kind of work but they don't match. Guess I had to find out the hard way.

Also frustrating, the woman with the Summit never got back to me. Wound up driving right by her neighborhood. Knew from her ad the approximate location so I got off the freeway and drove around the neighborhood for a bit. Yeah, like 20 minutes before finally giving up. Geez, I've become a frickin' grill stalker.

Well, if the subwoofer sounds good I'll be happy. Can't test it now because the wife and son are asleep. It doesn't help that, when picking it up, it slipped out of my hands and dropped on the floor. I don't think it's damaged. This thing is built like a tank and it landed on its feet on the carpet. But man, that cabinet is slippery. It's possible I'll turn it on and it won't work. I don't expect that but won't know for sure until tomorrow. So this whole trip could turn out to have been a total waste of time and money.

Audiophilia and Webberities strike again!

"In a surprising twist of fate, [Weberitis patient name]'s ex-wife received all of the grilling assets as part of the final divorce decree. This photo shows [Weberitis patient name] delivering those assets to his former wife as she sat on the porch grinning broadly."

EDIT: Sorry, Jon, didn't mean to single you out! It could happen to any one of us.

Attachments

• 1643750717812.png
    1643750717812.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 38
Last edited:
I need to see more of these boneyard pics. I’m starting to feel better about my own grillyard as I like to call it. I refer to it as my “inventory lot” when paying customers are around, though.

It can get you in a LOT of trouble. Just ask my wife...

View attachment 44607
Brian,
I was the "HOA" - actually the Director of the community run by our non-profit. This was in May 2020 right before I moved, and I had an agreement to let me store my grill insanity in the little pink "Key West" cottage you see on the left. This was when I dragged everything there to try and condense and organize. In October 2020, I went back to Florida, go it out of the cottage (and from my old place still!), and dragged it all up here. My wife continues to be so thrilled, but at least I have a barn shed, a workshop shed and now my son's shed to hide it all in here in Indiana. Maybe when I can semi-retire I will finally do something with all this stuff...

IMG_5648.JPEG
The Lynx ways a ton - kind of like a Vieluxe!
IMG_5654.JPEG

It's hot in Florida - even in October!

IMG_5655.JPEG
I had to leave behind some parts, beat up kettles stuff and two Spirit grills...This was not my last packing. I had to take a lot of what you see off and repack higher to the ceiling. It was a fund trip driving all the way to Indiana:cry:.

Pm
The owner of this one says he's put it out to be picked up by the trash men at 7 a.m. tomorrow. I have no use for a Genesis A because the parts aren't interchangeable with my Platinum and I'm not a rehabber. If it were a B or a C, I'd grab it.

How about this one Roy. My offerup keeps searching Washington state.

Screenshot_20220201-221657_Chrome.jpg

Pm

How about this one Roy. My offerup keeps searching Washington state.

View attachment 44688
Thanks Dan. Saw that. Really love the lid color. Unfortunately, Gig Harbor's a long way from Bellingham. More than two hours each way. Plus, it's the two burner so the parts and lid wouldn't fit my Platinum or 1000. Otherwise, I'd consider it. I'd need to make room for a third grill on my deck, at which point even my patient wife might start wondering about my mental health. It is lovely. Will just have to leave this sweet little thing for someone else. What about you? Are you in Seattle? How many grill's ya got? Surely, you need another. 😁

Thanks Dan. Saw that. Really love the lid color. Unfortunately, Gig Harbor's a long way from Bellingham. More than two hours each way. Plus, it's the two burner so the parts and lid wouldn't fit my Platinum or 1000. Otherwise, I'd consider it. I'd need to make room for a third grill on my deck, at which point even my patient wife might start wondering about my mental health. It is lovely. Will just have to leave this sweet little thing for someone else. What about you? Are you in Seattle? How many grill's ya got? Surely, you need another. 😁
That one is a Silver C three burner.

I'm in Northern California, but offerup gets confused often and gives me results in the SeaTac area.

I think i have enough grills right now and unless I see one free and close I'll let it go.

That one is a Silver C three burner.

I'm in Northern California, but offerup gets confused often and gives me results in the SeaTac area.

I think i have enough grills right now and unless I see one free and close I'll let it go.
You're right. Man, just saw a two burner redhead the other day for $20. Man, a Silver C; I'm on it! (Five hour drive? All that gas? Man! My heart's beating! This is a tough one.)

Ive decided to monetize my travel costs to a dollar a mile one way.

So free 50 miles away is $50 out of pocket, and doesn't include time as it's sort of a hobby.

There will always be another one...

Ive decided to monetize my travel costs to a dollar a mile one way.

So free 50 miles away is $50 out of pocket, and doesn't include time as it's sort of a hobby.

There will always be another one...
Alright, got hold of myself. Paper bag over head; breathing now.

You know, there's no point in picking up a Silver C, even a sweet redhead, if I've already got a Platinum and a redhead 1000-LX. Between the two, they've got everything that Silver has and there's no point in having three grills. I could sell one but, no, it's not worth the drive and the effort.

There -- talked myself right off that ledge.

Last edited:
You're right. Man, just saw a two burner redhead the other day for $20. Man, a Silver C; I'm on it! (Five hour drive? All that gas? Man! My heart's beating! This is a tough one.)
Here's the one I'd confused it with. (So many redheads, so little time.)

Back