anyone finding packer briskets in the milwaukee area??

Tom Raveret

TVWBB Pro
Is anyone finding any sources for reasonably priced packers in the Milwaukee area?

Costco only carries the flats and I haven't been out to Sam's lately (but last time they only had the flats.
Even super Walmart which used to have the select graded packers only had the flats.

I'd like to try a couple of high heat briskets but don't want to pay the $3/lb for flats.

Thanks

I've been striking out also. May have to go to Ray's Butcher Shop, they have had them before, but they won't be cheap.
The Meat cutter at Kewaskum Frozen Foods says he can get me some with a 4 day lead time, but we haven't talked price yet

I'm going to talk to the meat manager at Sams. they used to be the best place to get them but would usually only get them in the summer.

will let you know how that goes.

My local Walmart just started to carry select graded packers. It was 2.97/#. Even know it is a select grade, I think it is 1 of my best looking briskets. Now I just need to smoke it up.

I once got one at Woodmans.(I had to ask at the meat counter) I also got some at Walmart. if you know anyone with a restaurant depot card, they also have them.

Back