Any tips on changing out burner tubes on a Genesis 310?

John K BBQ

TVWBB All-Star
My genesis E-310 has been giving me trouble lighting and on controlling temp for a while. I replaced my ignition system a few months ago, which was pretty easy, but no surprise that the temperature control issues didn't change. The ignition got slightly better.

I have my new tubes and the instructions are pretty good. Just checking to see if there are any pitfalls to avoid before I get into it.

With that one if I remember correctly I pulled off the manifold to change the burners. If they are not cracked or rusted through a good cleaning with steel scrubber pad and simple green usually does it.

Yep, you will likely have to pull off the manifold to get the burners out. And I agree that the burners will just need a cleaning if they are otherwise in good shape.

Taking out the burners is not a quick job due to the necessity of removing the manifold, but there are no real pitfalls. If you have never done it, take photos before you start pulling off parts so you know where all the nuts and bolts and pieces go back on if this is the first time for you. Just follow the instructions and you should be fine.

Thanks for the advice. I believe the ignition system change out took me about 3 hours (not rushing at all). Looks like I should budget about the same here, so likely no time today between watching the Chiefs and making dinner for the in-laws. I'll give it a go next weekend weather permitting.

weather was super nice today so I finally go around to changing out the burner tubes. I couldn't get the original screws that hold the burners in the back of the grill to come out so my new burners are sort of just laying in there, but they seem to be working just fine. I'll try grilling some burgers later this week to see if I've regained my mojo on the gas grill or not. It sure does light up a lot easier now.

Those screws are not supposed to come out. I know what seems like they should, but they are meant to be left in place. As you have already figured out the burner's tubes will stay in place fine without them being tightened down

Back