Any Tips For Smoking Mac N Cheese?

Lol...love being a night owl. However these ribs were done by 7:30pm as the mother-in-law visiting goes to bed fairly early (around 10).

Also, I wish the neighbors could smell it, but we are on a 10-acre property at the moment and I think the only ones salivating are the coyotes...

It's going back a ways but I thought you were more metro, I thought you said Oakville or something.
10 acres, nice, I have neighbors but its not exactly city or country.....they can smell what's cooking and often wonder over just to see what is up
Hopefully I can get a thread going with the mac n cheese and babies tomorrow afternoon, we will keep it a little more simple than my " first low n slow " I did previously.

No I am north of Milton and east of Guelph. Rural area. However likely moving west sometime next year or early 2022. Just not sure exactly where!
I remember you saying something about coming this way, obviously finding work wouldn't be the factor in your decision making on this move so I would assume the price of housing would be a main concern. While I would rather live closer to the 401 house prices increase as you would get closer. I am about 22 minutes south of the 401 and about 30 minutes to lake Erie. Right on a border we could call it where there seems to be a break in housing prices. I have lived here forever and am on the expensive side of the border where as if I travelled south 10 minutes pricing is cheaper........and its closer to fishing!

I have been to Port Burwell a few times with the dogs for swimming.

Ya it is about the price. We need to downsize as we don’t need 3000Sq feet plus 2000 sq foot basement and 10 acres and a huge mortgage.

What I “DO” need is a nice deck and covered area for bbqing and maybe a pool and a paid off mortgage. So that is the goal. Don’t really care where but thinking:

- furthest north is Barrie
- furthest west is London
- furthest east is Peterborough although I prefer west side of Toronto
- furthest south is Niagara or Burlington...haven’t decided yet

Ideally we end up somewhere near Orangeville, Wasaga Beach, Brantford or Kitchener or Cambridge. But the possibilities are really endless depending on what we find when we start looking and how much current place sells for.

It's hard for me to understand why this works this way for you but if no one has to work or someone works from home it makes more sense.
Either way I have always lived in small population areas and would find it difficult to live in very populated areas so this neck of the woods I am in is pretty cozy. Population 20,000 it's quiet for the most part. I like to fish so being near the lake is nice, I would also be able to handle north of Muskoka just on the fishing aspect. I can get to London for anything major in less then 45 minutes. Everything you said like Kitchener, which is nice btw, Wasaga, Orangeville sound awfully expensive. I'm no realtor but it sounds like you are in peaceful country area and would likely come out not that far ahead and be stuck in a city.....I would be afraid of that anyways.

Burwell is literally 20 minutes south of me, it's kind of a ****ty town, but it's right on the lakeside of the lake.
I wouldn't choose to buy a place much more south than where I am based on the population stats.

Ya we are both self employed and I work at home. Wife cleans houses, does pet sitting and pet photography. I work on the computer. So I can live anywhere there is high speed Internet...she needs access to some population.

Made a wad of cash from 2012-18 and bought an expensive house with a huge mortgage. Making little to no income now but banked quite a bit. But now the sieve is leaking fast with little to no income coming in. Looking to downsize to a bungalow with 1-3 acres with a nice treed and grassy area, nice backyard setup and privacy. Looking for something in the 600-700K range. Thus having to move further away. Relatives and friends in Scarborough and Etobicoke and Oakville and Oshawa.

So that is where I stand.

I have lived in North Bay, Brampton, Etobicoke and now here. Grew up in Lindsay and then Toronto.

Love love love love fishing and don’t do enough of it any more. Would love to chat fishing and bbq!

My dogs are my life.

If I see anything around I will be sure to PM you a link.

Love love love love fishing and don’t do enough of it any more. Would love to chat fishing and bbq!

My dogs are my life.

It all sounds good, fishing, bbq, beers you are speaking my language

BTW I was out after work last night and picked up everything I didn't have, like panko........
Mac n cheese is a go and the ribs are thawed, I will be sure to post pics n stuff, I won't hy-jack this thread on yah.
I'm stuck at work today until noon so nothing can even start like a fire until closer to 1.
My wife says to me last night, " can we even at least try to eat on time tonight "
Holy.
We all know how bbq comes of the grill
And I can't even start until 1 and its my first time doing ribs on a Weber, about my millionth time doing ribs though.
I just kept it all in and pushed it down deep inside. 😉

LOL. Your wife sounds like my mother-in-law.

I will be attempting the same today, except those beef ribs. Probably starting around 1 as well.

GOOD LUCK!

Back