Any one what Grill this is?

RickW

Hey All, I have been a long time lurker as I decide if I am going to buy and older Weber Gas grill and restore or a newer one. This is for sale near me and all I can tell is a Genesis Platinum but not sure which year it is. I Currently own a Spirit 310 which does ok, would this Genesis be better and worth the effort? I think I can get it cheap $30 or so but it's an 1.5 hrs away. arghhhh......

https://photos.app.goo.gl/c5zzMbCyWxNz14fC9

I'd say yes, that grill is worth $30. Those clean up really nice. Post some pictures for us!

Those don't pop up very often. I believe that model only had a four year run, so there aren't that many to be found. For $30 it's no well worth it IMO.

I am going to say that grill is definitely worth $30 as long as the tables and frame are in good shape.

Late to the party,but I will chime in: “Go get it!”

Of course, if the frame is really bad or the firebox has holes think twice before laying your money down. As others have already said, those are not very common and I think are a really cool looking Weber. You will need parts, hard work and time & patience, but that one looks to have potential for a sharp turnaround.

It's well wroth a stab for $30. Please post with Imagur so photos appear right inline with your post. Big help not having to switch pages

Hey All, I have been a long time lurker as I decide if I am going to buy and older Weber Gas grill and restore or a newer one. This is for sale near me and all I can tell is a Genesis Platinum but not sure which year it is. I Currently own a Spirit 310 which does ok, would this Genesis be better and worth the effort? I think I can get it cheap $30 or so but it's an 1.5 hrs away. arghhhh......

https://photos.app.goo.gl/c5zzMbCyWxNz14fC9

Rick,
If you can get the serial number, you can register the grill on Weber.com
Like others have said, it's worth the $30 if the frame and tables are in good / solid (not rusting out) shape.
After registering, it will tell you exactly what grill you have. It will also give you exact part numbers that fit on the grill.

- Kyle

Back