Any one ever bleed a propane tank?

timothy

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
I had an exchange from HD that just wouldnt work. Not on my Q or my griddle or weed burner.
I'm using the Weber hose and did multiple connects reconnects open slowly wait a few minutes etc but nothing worked.
I thought maybe it's a bad valve because it does take some effort to open.
Then I went online a found a few tips on opening the bleeder screw and letting it go for two minutes.
That does seem to work so far. just curious if anybody else has done this cause I don't recall ever seeing it?

When filling a propane cylinder you need to bleed off gas until a mist is expelled. I've never heard of needing to do so once the cylinder had been filled.

On the subject of tanks, Costco has some nice tanks with a gauge built in for 40 bucks, then you refill instead of exchange and you dont wind up with a crap tank half the time.

Bleeder screw??? Not sure where those are on an LP tank. I guess I will have to check that out.

I had an exchange from HD that just wouldnt work. Not on my Q or my griddle or weed burner.
I'm using the Weber hose and did multiple connects reconnects open slowly wait a few minutes etc but nothing worked.
I thought maybe it's a bad valve because it does take some effort to open.
Then I went online a found a few tips on opening the bleeder screw and letting it go for two minutes.
That does seem to work so far. just curious if anybody else has done this cause I don't recall ever seeing it?
I've never bled a tank to get it working again, but if it works, great! Back in the day when I refilled bottles, after the bottle quit providing propane, I used to open the bleeder screw and let all the air drain out. This provided for better refilling. Note: It can take several hours to bleed all the air out of an "empty" tank. Now I'm old and lazy. I just do the tank swap at the gas station

Thanks for that video Timothy. I never realized that screw was there or what it was for. I have watched them fill many of my tanks and don't ever remember seeing them mess with that screw at all.

Some things I just won't buy and that's new propane tanks made in Thailand 👎
Flame King tanks are made there.
I have a flame king tank that I got as an exchange that I kept because it was pretty much new. It's ok, but I don't like it as much as my Manchester tank because of the way it fits on my grill.

Yes, the handle part is kinda weird I think🤔
I've been looking for a 5 pound tank for two years and finally got one with a free SSPerformer grill.
I could of bought a new 5 pound Flame King but said no after seeing the handle where it hangs on the grill.1000007057.jpg

Back