Any of you guys warm hams in the WSM?

Thomas W

Any of you Not add any wood just charcoal? I bought a Costco applewood smoked ham and wanted to warm it in there since there won't be any room in the house. Better then warming in the oven?

I have warmed them for Easter gatherings the last 2 years. I take a spiral ham placed on a foil covered pizza pan and place it on the top rack. I usually use a small amount of apple or cherry wood and heat until it is around 130F or so.

In my 14, I frequently smoke something on one grate and reheat a store bought side or veggie on the other. By that time the smoke wood is already spent.

I plan to smoke a pre-smoked ham on the lower rack while smoking a turkey on the top rack. I plan to rest both cuts in a pans of liquid.

Maybe pinning a few pineapple rings to the ham would be in order here too.

Last edited:
I did a ham for Christmas.... Scored the outside and used Apple and pecan wood. Was awesome. Don't over cook since the thing is pre-cooked. 145* will do fine. I don't glaze as I don't like a sweet ham but each to his own.

Double smoked ham is a wonderful thing. The link already posted to the WSM cooking area is how I learned to do my first one way back in 2006. I would rather have double smoked ham for the holidays than smoked turkey, but that's just me.

Back