Any Mac / Stoker setup wizards?

Stan

TVWBB Member
I've been fighting with my Airport express and Airport Extreme (Plus the new Stoker) for 3.5 hours to try and get the Stoker to talk to the Airport Express (both brand new) and pass Stoker 'stuff' to the base station (The Airport Extreme. I've tried to follow the advice on Eggheadforum.com from Skysaw, and he's been gracious enough to try and help me, but I just cannot seem to get the airport express to configure as a non-base station, and when I try and get the Airport extreme to configure to talk to the express as a WDS network, it just dies on me. Any Mac whiz's out there?

I had recently purchased a macbook pro so I called Apple and they helped me set up a WDS network. Airport extreme to Airport express.

My problem seems to be that I can see that the airport express is connected to the airport extreme as a WDS client (though 'yellow' status), but I cannot see the airport express with the airport utility.

Unfortunately they do not provide tech support for the airport express. I think i wasted $100.

Not sure what you mean it dies on you?
So, here is what I do...

Open Airport Utility.

Click on whichever one is connected to the internet.
Click on the Airport tab
Click on the "wireless" tab
Drop down menu participate in a wds
Then it will add a wds tab
make the extreme the wds main
check the box allow wireless clients
under wds remotes hit the + sign
add the express
hit update.
Then you would plug the stoker into the express.
That is what I did.

Back