Any good place to buy pork butts in the San Jose area?

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I'm planning on doing the Mr. Brown recipe for the first time this weekend. Is there any good place to get pork butt in the San Jose area or will a grocery store suffice?

Might want to e-mail Chris (the site owner) directly to see who he likes to use. In some of his artcles on the site he mentions a german butcher shop that he uses - I'd assume it's in or around SJ since that's where he lives. You can try the e-mail he has listed at the top of the forum listing. Good luck!

~Dave

Hi Steven,

Sorry, just now getting caught up on some posts.

If you're a Costco member, most any of their stores have pork butt. I go to the one on Senter Rd. and they sell two butts in Cryovac packaging. If you don't see them out in the meat case, just ask the butcher behind the window. If he doesn't seem to know what "pork butt" is, tell him/her you want the whole piece from which they cut the country style ribs.

If you're not a Costco member, try Cash & Carry on San Carlos Ave. in San Jose, just across I-880 near Valley Fair Mall.

Otherwise, you can get smallish ones at Nob Hill, Lunardi's, Cosentinos, etc. You will find some at Safeway and Albertsons, but check the label carefully to make sure you're not buying an enhanced pork butt, which will taste kind of like ham.

Regards,
Chris

I went to Cash and Carry this morning to do my shopping. That place is awesome!! Thanks for the tip Chris.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back