Another shot at a Slow n Sear!

Jeff Beitinger

TVWBB Fan
For those who may have missed the sale on the Deluxe, or just need another to add to their arsenal, SnS is having a sale on the original that ends this Monday!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211029-111736.png
    Screenshot_20211029-111736.png
    461.9 KB · Views: 54
Thanks, Jeff! I went for the first deal and already had an original. I wish I could have gotten this deal on it, though.

I am really hoping they bring the low profile back for the E6/S6...I saw something that seems to indicate it might be happening too...
I would agree and buy one considering it wasn't more than I paid for my deluxe 22" which of course we get ( insert sexual abuse word here ) for in Canada.....$149 I think the deluxe was. If it fit the 24" and the grill fit on top the same and was that price or less I would be interested for sure. Winter is coming and it will be switch from the performer to the E6 I think, it really makes the most sense.

As far as I have seen...the original is only in the open bottom and non removable water reservoir...the new one has removable water tray and has a bottom ...and I just got mine....that was the description given by them

I thought the original or basic one has an open bottom while the deluxe has a bottom (with holes) and a removable water holder.

This is true !

So don't tell me I'm wrong when I say I picked up the original for what I did....direct from the company...when I just did .. your response was....not true

So don't tell me I'm wrong when I say I picked up the original for what I did....direct from the company...when I just did .. your response was....not true
Here is a picture of my original SnS with a bottom & non-removeable water tray. It is made of SS 304 & I have owned it for at least 5 years. All SNS now are made of 430 SS, which it clearly states in the attached link.

Attachments

• IMG_3514.jpg
    IMG_3514.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 12
Having a few SNS‘s in 22 and 26 I can say I prefer the new version of the deluxe, I like the removable water trough and if the rivets help with warping even better. I probably wouldn’t buy unless one of these sales popped up but a new style deluxe 26” would be nice.

EricV has what I believe was called a slow N Sear 2.0 - it pre-dates the Deluxe, but it added the bottom grate that the original didn’t have.

Hmmmm....and my turkey turned out amazing... crispy skin ...small smoke ring ...it was the best I ever made. I didn't brine it, only dry rub and it was moist. Will be using the SNR for many other cooks

Back