Another seeking a source for packers

I know from mistakenly posting my wsm for sale that there are some local folks on here. Anyway back on topic, I found a place in Shamokin called Anthracite Provisions that will get me whole packers for approx $3.lb. but it's over a 2 hr drive and it's not in the nicest of neighborhoods. I thought I found a local place in Pennsdale, The Country Store, promised me at least a 12lb'er. I didn't bother to ask how much because I stupidly assumed it'd be comparable to the place in Shamokin and even if it was a little more it'd be worth it because it's 5 miles from me. Long story short the 12lb'er turned out to be a 9 lb'er and since I requested that it be untrimed.... Anyway it was $4.49 a lb. My walmart is not a super wal mart so it doesn't sell meat. Sam's doesn't carry full packers or so they tell me. Any central Penna folks have a packer source they'd like to share?

I've had success at Super Walmart in York. It's been a year or so since I've been there so you may want to call before head out.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ryan Kelley:
I've had success at Super Walmart in York. It's been a year or so since I've been there so you may want to call before head out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
York's about 150 miles south of me, a little further than I want to drive. There's a super wal mart in selinsgrove but they don't carry packers either.

Back