Another run of spares on the WSM

DubfromGA

TVWBB Fan
Was coming home from the grocery store today and saw this.......caught my attention right away as I'd just seen Stephen King's "IT" yesterday with my son.

Looking into the neighborhood as I passed by I could see more red balloons guiding you along.....

I texted my boy and said, "No way I'm falling for that. *Pennywise the Clown won't sucker me in like that". * Got a quick reply from him that was funny. * Those that have read the book or seen the newly released movie will know what I'm talking about. *Freaky clown.

Made it home and got started with my own freaky clowning around with some smoke sources. * This A-Maze-N smoke tube adds some nice smoke to the WSM.

I cheated and quick-started it with a KJ lighter tab.

Positioned it so the opening faced the Pit Viper fan vent. * *Next time I may place it sideways.

Opening up a new bag of coals always brings a smile. *Simple pleasures in life.

A lot of great childhood memories associated with this stuff.

Also added a mini-split of pecan to the coals.

Coming up to temp..... :wsm22:

Membrane off & rub on while the smoker locks in to cruising temp.

Looks like you're off and running, just remember....we all float down here

;) :D :wsm:

Laughing my butt off.

I gotta confess, though.....this morning I'd planned on making steak biscuits for breakfast. There is an extra fridge out in the garage where I keep the stuff I generally cook.

I walked out there at o-dark-o'clock...down the steps...into the dark garage and to the fridge....opened the door...grabbed the steak.....night vision lost after the bright fridge light hit it.....closed the fridge and turned around.............and thoughts of that dang clown came to the surface right away. Dang clown. I'll be turning on the garage lights next time......:cool:

Two and a half hours into it and the Guru has things running dead nuts on the number.

Pulled off to wrap and return to grill.

Used this sauce......partially out of respect.....and partially because of knowing how good their record could look this year.

Man that looks good. I assume that's going into the foil? If so, make sure you get a post foil photo

bvTqZ71.jpg

Nice looking cook. Everything looks great. What is the veggie dish plated next to the biscuit? If it's in your text somewhere I missed it. Swiss Chard? Kale?. Sure looks good. From your comments it looks like you enjoyed IT. I'm a huge Stephen King fan. I've read just about everything he's written except some of the newer stuff which I haven't gotten around to. Years ago there was a made for TV version of IT. The first half or so was great and the ending was terrible, due, in my opinion, to the technology in the late 80's couldn't recreate a viable creation of the monster. It was a let down. It's a challenge even today to present, on screen, something comparable to the imagination of Mr. King.

Thanks, everyone. It was an easy cook that went off perfectly.

I'd planned on running the doughnut & blueberry bread pudding on the WSM, too, but went ahead and did it on the KJ since I was also going to run some boneless breast there afterwards for workweek lunches this week. 350 temp was needed.

Nice looking cook. Everything looks great. What is the veggie dish plated next to the biscuit? If it's in your text somewhere I missed it. Swiss Chard? Kale?. Sure looks good. From your comments it looks like you enjoyed IT. I'm a huge Stephen King fan. I've read just about everything he's written except some of the newer stuff which I haven't gotten around to. Years ago there was a made for TV version of IT. The first half or so was great and the ending was terrible, due, in my opinion, to the technology in the late 80's couldn't recreate a viable creation of the monster. It was a let down. It's a challenge even today to present, on screen, something comparable to the imagination of Mr. King.

Thank you.

The green stuff was a batch of seasoned collard greens. I love them. Hit 'em with a small amount of vinegar once plated. Great flavor.

They got it right with this version of the movie adaption of "IT". Young teenager's perspective, great cinematography, special effects nicely blended into things, great description of the evil that permeated the town and manifested in the clown.

I'm not a fan of horror movies and typically sidestep them. I'd actually wanted to see American Assassin, but son was wanting me to see IT with him. The fact that I enjoyed King's novels from the 80's was a plus.

Now.....I've gotta see American Assassin next weekend, though. It's based on a Vince Flynn character and I thoroughly enjoyed all of Vince Flynn's novels, RIP.

Back