Another reason to like the kettle.............

Rolf Jacobsen

TVWBB Emerald Member
At lunch this afternoon Nancy said “You know, turkey would be a nice change”. Off to the store and grabbed this. Wipe in with EVOO, add salt & pepper, throw it on the rack and you’re done except for adding coals now and then. No brine, basting, turning, just add coals. Now how easy is that? Oh! I tried the Cajun Injector Rosemary Garlic for the first time. We liked it! Thanks!

Oct-bird-002-L.jpg

Ron I can't cook so I have to follow the recipes. Per "Mother Weber", 25 coals on each side, lit and indirect. Add nine coals every 45 minutes. This was a nine pound bird and took 2 hours and 15 minutes. If I can do this, anyone can. Good Luck!

Rolf

PS - I like your neighborhood. I used to live in Norcross.

thanks Rolf! We moved here late 2010,family reasons. we love it! Little country, little modern, 5 miles from mall of GA. I have my dream job of building racecars up the road. Life couldn't be better!

I hate you! Road Atlanta was one of my favorite tracks. Actually I envy you. Good Luck!
Rolf

That looks awesome! Love the color on the bird. I'd like to see if you could get similar results from the minion method Rolf! It is so much easier than having to add coals like Weber says and it has been working for me ever since I started on this smoking journey. Then again, if you like fiddling with a smoker and not using a "set it and forget it" method than the Weber way is better for you.

I love, and I mean love, being active while cooking and fiddling with the draft and coals and such, but with the consistent results as I've been getting on temps I have become a big proponent of the minion method. I just wish the tenderness and taste would meet up to that level of consistency. LOL.

I just have to have my fun messing with recipes by spending a lot of time prepping and planning for the side dishes. :D

Back