Another Pepper Stout Beef

Russell McNeely

TVWBB Wizard
I was one of the lucky ones who was off today for President's Day. It was a pretty nice day here so I decided to take advantage of it and cook something. I pulled the WSM out of the garage today for the first time in quite a while. It's become my weapon of choice for low and slow cooking (especially in windy conditions like today).

So here we go...

Chuckie seasoned with S&P and a small piece of oak
102_0853.jpg

On the WSM. Wrapped two firebricks in foil and placed 'em in the water pan for a heat sink (instead of the clay saucer I normally used).
102_0855.jpg

Cooked to an internal temp of 165
102_0857.jpg

Ready for the foil
102_0858.jpg

Headed for the 350 degree oven
102_0861.jpg

Done
102_0866.jpg

102_0864.jpg

Piled on a fresh hogie and topped with swiss cheese
102_0869.jpg

WoW, what a recipe! Thanks Mr. Wolfe! Some great stuff. My 4 year old even liked it.

And that's it for now....

Thanks 4 looking!

Awesaome job Russ, that looks so good. As far as temp and time did you follow Larry's recipe. Just curious, I have not done this one yet but after seeing this that will change, soon.

Thanks,
Eric

You can't go wrong with this meal. Made it a few months ago for a "poker event" and it was a crazy hit. Perfect flavors + easy to do + made a few converts with the WSM. Gr8 looking stuff.

I'm tellin'ya, and so is everybody else makin' this beef... It's a GREAT recipe and Russ, you done it AWESOME! I can taste if from here!
VeryNice!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eric Michaud:
As far as temp and time did you follow Larry's recipe. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Eric, Yes I did follow Larry's recipe exactly only I used beef broth instead of Guiness Stout. Turned out great. No need to modify anything IMO.

And thanks so much everyone for the kind words!

Back