Another leg mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac

TVWBB Guru
After reading about the nice job Bill Johnson posted on his leg mod for his kettles, and some prodding from Shaun R., I thought I'd share my modified leg setup.
I needed to fulfill two requirements for my Kettle.
First, I wanted it taller. Second, I wanted it to be easier to move over rougher terrain, like the grass and dirt areas at the Park.
I ended up using larger wheels and a slightly longer third leg made from a Shower curtain rod.
I used 1/2" steel rod for the new axle mounted through 1/2" holes drilled above the 3/8" stock hole in the original legs.
I'm very satisfied with the results. The working height is closer to standard counter height, and it rolls like a dream.
Here's a pic of the wheels in trial run at a Comp. a few weeks ago. (I got more inquiries about the mod then I did on my Ribs
icon_confused.gif
). There mounted on a OTS that I keep in Sac. at my Mother in-laws place.
DSCN3065.JPG

And this how they look on my old <span class="ev_code_RED">Red </span> Hot Rodded Kettle.
DSCN3117.JPG

DSCN3119.JPG

I'll post some detail pics if anybody is interested.
OK Shaun, thanks for the push.
icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">whats a "raider" ?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
1st place in the AFC West by virtue of the tie breaker.
icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Corey Elks:
well done!! is that a lid holder i see on your wsm in the second pic? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thanks, and yes that is a lid holder for the WSM. Dang you've got good eyes, I know it's there and can hardly see it. Here's a link to my post about it.
http://tvwbb.com/eve/forums/a/...60039023/m/657104617

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Corey Elks:
how does that slide aside connect to cooker? are there any gaps? thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No gaps or leaks with these add ons. I just cut off about 1/2" of the tabs so they don't bottom out on the lip and squeezed them flat with pliers. I'll take some close up pics. and post them in the linked thread.
When it was on my Kettle, it was mounted to the Aluminum Rod that encircles the rim (you can see it on the left side of the grill in pic. 3) so the lid would fit tight and seal. The top mounts of the "Tuck-a-Way" lid holder are hooked on the same rod along with the "Condiment Holder".

close up pics would be great. thanks so much! ive been wanting to do some kind of lid holder for a while now. looks like this tuck away would be perfect! thanks again

yea, what the heck happened ? they spanked my broncos big time.
icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mac McClure:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">whats a "raider" ?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
1st place in the AFC West by virtue of the tie breaker.
icon_biggrin.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well it's about time Mac! Very impressive mod. I really like that! Now that's a real go anywhere if I ever saw one. Thanks

Thanks guys,
I'm planing a similar Mod for my WSM. It should be done in the next couple of weeks. Maybe, if Chris deems it's worthy, It'll make the "Wheel" Issue on the homepage next time around.
icon_smile.gif

I really like this mod too! very cool looking with the "offroad" wheels. Might have to be a future project.
Gotta say it took me awhile to notice the Raider stickers on the toolbox to Know what you guys were talking about
icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timothy: Nicely done Mac! Where did you get the wheelies from? Tim </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Thanks. I picked the wheels up at Ace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back