Another free Performer with full ash bin

Mack Manning

TVWBB Super Fan
I lucked into another free Performer. Something badly chewed up the wheels, but it has the newer bail and steel table I need to complete my other find.

Both of the free Performers had the ash bins overflowing, blocking the bottom vents. Do people toss them because they don't understand the need to empty the can?

Last one I restored only thing wrong was the igniter! And fifty from no maintenance. Victims of our disposable society I guess.

I hate you!
They NEVER turn up around here!
They normally list for $100-300 around here. I was just really lucky to find two freebies in one month. They weren't perfect by any standard. The first one was overheated somehow, all the plastic bits melted except the table. The second one was just dirty and the wheels and ignitor wires had been chewed up by some critter.

I'll build one out of the parts I prefer and pass the rest on to a good home, maybe newlywed kids of our friends.

I'd love to use the second cart to build a 26" Performer, but the wife just informed me that she dislikes charcoal and smoke flavor. So, I'll shelve that plan until the kid is old enough for scouts and I have enough mouths who appreciate BBQ.

Back