Another EZ Que vs. Weber Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Monk

TVWBB Member
I've searched and read most of the EZ Que vs. Weber postings. It seems that the EZ Que is a better product. Unfortunately, the 8 inch isn't available on their site. It could be argued and likely will be until the end of time the benefits of the EZ Que over the Weber, although the Weber proponents have much to say about it. So here I am getting ready to purchase a rotisserie. My logic goes like this, purchase the 6 inch EZ Que, and if/when the 8 inch basket becomes available, purchase one then? Why, b/c of all the accolades I've read regarding craftsmanship. My only concern would be if the EZ Que 6 inch and 8 inch come with different motors. The Weber would allowing me to cook bigger things and/or buy some aftermarket baskets for experimenting. But I can't quite convince myself that the Weber pros as I've described them will trump the EZ Que craftsmanship. So I'm looking to you all for help, any advice you can pass on in the next 24-48 hours will go far in helping me make a determination. Sorry, this would have been a shorter post if I had more time.

Hi John, I was in the same situation as you last year.I didn't know wether to get the 6" or 8" basket for my Genesis. I got the 6" because I thought that would be big enough for just my wife and I. There's only the two of us and I would get the 8" later. The 6" is good. I can put a 7# turkey breast in it or a couple of cornish game hens. This year I e-mailed EZ-Que about ordering just an 8" basket without anything else. The price is $120(the difference between the combo price and what I paid for the 6"). Same motor for both. The only difference is the basket size. The quality is top notch and it's easy to put the food on but there is more cleanup involved. Overall I really like it and next year I think I will get an 8" basket. I hope this answered your question

i have all three. gotta be be something huge to use the 8" one. i use the weber one more than i do the ezq ones for some reason. maybe 50/50. so suggest ya just get them all !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back