Another BRITU question

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

The BRITU rub calls for 1 tsp granulated garlic. Can't find granulated garlic anywhere around here. So I thought I'd use garlic powder. Usually I use 1/2 tsp garlic powder for recipes that call for 1 tsp granulated garlic. However, I notice in the "original" BRITU rub recipe it calls for 1 tsp of garlic powder. Is this a misprint and should it be granulated garlic? Or should I use one tsp garlic powder for one tsp granulated garlic? Just trying to get as close to BRITU as I can. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I used garlic powder for mine instead of granulated garlic. I doubt that such a small thing would make that big of a difference in the final prduct. Just use what you have and I'm sure they will turn out great.

If you use garlic powder instead of granulated garlic, you will not have BRITU.
Most likely just BRITC (Country). /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

There's some confusion about garlic powder vs. granulated garlic. Real garlic powder is fine, almost like flour, whereas real granulated garlic is a very fine grind of garlic.

The confusion comes when manufacturers sell granulated garlic under the label "garlic powder" or "granulated garlic powder". When I wrote the 1/4 batch recipe, I used the more precise term "granulated garlic", since I assume the recipe is calling for a fine grind consistency, not a flour consistency.

Hope I've not made this even more confusing. /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Regards,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back