Another Brisket First

Looking mighty tasty there Bruce. I just threw a 6.63 lb flat on with #2 rub on it over Hump Lump of course, with Guava wood. First time with the Guava. Looking forward to the finished pics Bud.
icon_biggrin.gif

Looks really good Bruce. My first brisket was a full packer. I think they're probably easier to cook becasue they have the full fat cap. I've been trying to cook flats because of they're more managable in terms of how much meat you have, but I haven't found the right formula yet.

How much Kamado do you have in the ring? Is that a full box? How much time are you getting out of a box (or full ring)? I've gotten an easy 20 hours out of a box.

Jerry,

That's about 3/4 of a ring of Kamado. I have experienced the same results with the burn times. This stuff is amazing how long it will go. I only use it now on serious overnighters, like if I'm doing 4 butts to replenish my freezer supplyor for a party.

Where in Eastern Market do you go for your packers?

Any time you want to split another Kamado shipment...I'm in.

In the Eastern Market is a place called Wrigley’s. They have everything. I've also been to a place next door (Fairway Packing). They are really a wholesale place, but they will sell out the back door (literally). You gotta bring cash to that place.

Back