An Unfortunate Turn Of Events

Sounds like things are turning around for you Phil and I'm glad to hear it, hope it continues to go that way for you.

What a great story! I’m glad it appears that things are going to turn out well. You mentioned that you want to work a few more years before retiring. What age do you want to retire at? What things would you do if retired?

I’m only 52 so I probably have another 10 years before I retire. There are some people at my company who move to part time status as a way to transition to retirement.

What a great story! I’m glad it appears that things are going to turn out well. You mentioned that you want to work a few more years before retiring. What age do you want to retire at? What things would you do if retired?

I’m only 52 so I probably have another 10 years before I retire. There are some people at my company who move to part time status as a way to transition to retirement.

We’re wanting to retire when we turn 62. Pammi has just under 4 years, me, just over 4 years.

Just when I thought that this thread would be over, here I go again, but with good news!
It seems that the old company offers a pension!
Now, I've never put anything into it, but it seems like they're giving all us old timers a small chunk o' change!
I could put in for it right now and get $100 a month for life, Or, I could wait until I'm 65 and get $175.
Nah, I'm going to put in for it when I plan on retiring, age 62.
I'm figuring it'll probably be about $150 a month.
Hey, every little bit helps!

Hey at least you get to stick your finger in the pie. If your happy Barb and I are happy for you, seems we both had some good luck this year Barb beat cancer and your job status and retirement is looking up without having to lug batteries around, all good.

Back