An accessory for the Weber....

JBaker

TVWBB Super Fan
Not really a Weber branded accessory I guess, so maybe I'm in the wrong thread.

But, a great Craigslist find just 45 miles from home.

KettlePizza "Serious Eats" model, just missing the 2 peels.

Looks like it was used once or twice.

$50 and 4 or 5 gallons of gas in the car.

This might be fun.

It's fairly primitive considering all the other pizza making options out there right now, however the price is 9-10 times less expensive than I have spent on this model including all accessories. Just be prepared for a huge learning curve & I seriously doubt you will be able to cook a a pie in 90 seconds.

Here's my latest results:

It's fairly primitive considering all the other pizza making options out there right now, however the price is 9-10 times less expensive than I have spent on this model including all accessories. Just be prepared for a huge learning curve & I seriously doubt you will be able to cook a a pie in 90 seconds.

Here's my latest results:

Primitive?

As in, cooking over an open fire?

I'll see what I can do.

$50 is the deal of a lifetime. That model is the bomb of kettle pizza makers. A huge step up from the regular Kettle Pizza.

The biggest upgrade (as compared to the regular one) is the steel lid that goes above the pie. Since a regular kettle lid is much higher than ideal for pizza (making it harder to get the top cooked at the same time as the bottom).

Kenji explains:

Primitive?

I'll see what I can

Primitive?

I'll see what I can do.
Primitive may be a bit harsh, but my point is that a kettle isn't insulated & there are several different options in the market right now that I feel are superior at this price point, not $50 used price obviously. Some brands that come to mind are, Roccbox, Ooni, Bertello Grande........ the list goes on & on.

$50 is the deal of a lifetime. That model is the bomb of kettle pizza makers. A huge step up from the regular Kettle Pizza.

The biggest upgrade (as compared to the regular one) is the steel lid that goes above the pie. Since a regular kettle lid is much higher than ideal for pizza (making it harder to get the top cooked at the same time as the bottom).

Kenji explains:

Don't forget the SS top costs an additional $189, not to mention other accessories that are offered.

The $50 tag included the top slab steel piece. Missing from the original sale boxed item were the wooden peel, the aluminum peel, and the 14" metal pan. I've got peels, no need for the pan.

I'll try to get a pic up tomorrow.

That the uninsulated SS accessory (or the Weber grill itself) will lose a great deal of heat is a given, as with the Weber kettle in standard use, or a WSM in standard use. Due to the design. That does not make them inefficient.

I can't imagine needing to have this setup at required heat for more than an hour. It looks like it will meet the task.

Not trying to be snarky here.

Kenji explains:

Along with the steel slab top is the newer configuration of the pizza stone base configuration. They call it a "tombstone", what I see as a benefit is three sided open areas within the grill for adding more charcoal briquets/lump and hardwood chunks if wanting to extend the cook.

That said, with the somewhat open design I expect to be feeding this a fair amount of fuel.

Back