"Poolish Pizza Dough"

EricV.

TVWBB Wizard
I have started using a pizza poolish pizza dough recipe, quick & easy, what I don't like is the "Kettle Pizza Attachment!" Lot's of other options out there & a few more that haven't made it to market yet, I just haven't decided on which way to go. Any way here we go, (2) pies one with some of my homemade Italian sausage & another with some Italian hot Coppa!

Attachments

• IMG_4596.jpg
    IMG_4596.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_4598.jpg
    IMG_4598.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_4594.jpg
    IMG_4594.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_4597.jpg
    IMG_4597.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 56
Yeah, those pies look very good from here! Why don't you like the Kettle Pizza? just curious; I don't have one and not planning to buy

Yeah, those pies look very good from here! Why don't you like the Kettle Pizza? just curious; I don't have one and not planning to buy
A kettle isn't insulated, therefore it takes a long time to bring temps up as well trying to hold temps. There are a ton of newer pizza ovens out there right now.

A kettle isn't insulated, therefore it takes a long time to bring temps up as well trying to hold temps. There are a ton of newer pizza ovens out there right now.
Getting just a taste of wood fired cooking with the kettle but not being able to maintain those temperatures for more than a few minutes was my impetus to build a real oven. If you're not afraid of DIY work it's a fun project- but a LOT of work.

Attachments

• Finished.jpg
    Finished.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 12

Back