Amazon WSM

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hello All,

I am about to purchase my first WSM and was undecided on which way to go. I have a Weber dealer in town that is asking $199 for the WSM. I would like to go with Amazon, but fear what condition the smoker will be in when it arrives. Is there anyone who has recieved their WSM's in bad condition????Dwight

There was a recent post where people have received damaged parts when ordered through Amazon. I think that is the exception, not the rule. Plus Weber customer service is alway quick to replace damaged parts.

On buying the WSM locally - my wife bought me a WSM for Father's day at a local hardware store. They had it listed at $199 and she said she saw it cheaper on Amazon. They matched the price. Of course you have to consider sales tax, but then again no waiting involved. (Plus the put it together for her and carried it to the car).

Rob,

Thanks for the info. I did'nt tell them I could get it at Amazon for $179. Thanks for the idea....Dwight

I got mine from Amazon and it looks like the box opened in shipping. It had a big "rough spot" on the edge. I don't know if it was from shipping or it happened at the factory.

-Craig

Craig,

The scuffs on the wsm will be small stuff as long as it's not bent or broken. But I would rather not have the scuffs....Thanks....Dwight

Hi Dwight,

I had originally ordered a Weber WSM from Amazon, but when I got the unit it was a Weber Kettle. I had to return it and I ended up buying the WSM locally. However, I've never had a problem with Amazon in the past.

-mc

Mike & Brian,

Thanks for all the info. That's an option I have'nt considered. I might just come to Memphis and checkem' out....Thanks....Dwight

Great! One more thing to worry about... my smoker arriving damaged. Just in case, does anyone know approximately how long it takes to smoke a UPS Delivery person? /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I just got mine from Amazon yesterday /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif ...

And it was totally fine, perfect condition, no scratches or out of round...

Put it together, now I can't wait for the weekend to try it out /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

mine came a little out of round from Amazon, but easily fixable..I order through them all the time and have never had a problem. Then again, its the ups service that would screw it up not Amazon. So I guess its just the percentage of risk thats involved..the way it sounds in here so far, its a pretty high percentage.

Amazon offered no payment for 90 days and 179 which is why I went through them...with no incentives I would have bought locally, paid a little more and been smoking the same day.

Well, if UPS is doing the shipping, the chances are getting better. I'm an OTR Truckdriver and I know the LTL's like Yellow, ABF, and Roadway will trash yo stuff. The reason is it may swap trailor's 50 times before it gets here...Thanks guys....Dwight

I got mine from Amazon and it was in perfect shape. By the way, I got a $30 discount when I applied for the Amazon credit card at the same time I bought the smoker.

FYI. I know we like to support Amazon when buying the WSM, but I was just looking on eBay and there is a seller with 12 WSM's for $169.00 each, Buy it now options and no shipping right now.

Sometimes damage is caused by an obvious impact to the box, which will happen from time to time with anything that's shipped. I do think Weber would be well served to improve the packaging, however.

On the other hand, you may get a perfect box containing a charcoal bowl that's 19"x18", so it came from the factory that way.

Regardless, Weber customer support will make it right.

Regards,
Chris

Hey Chris, there's a new poll question for you (something to the affect of):

If you bought your WSM from Amazon, or had it shipped from some other retailer, did it arrive in showroom condition, or was it damaged?

Or not...just a suggestion! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

My WMS came from Amazon in ideal shape. Even the box was barely scuffed.

For what it's worth, I did have a Weber Genesis Silver B Grill delivered from Amazon a few years ago that came in with some damage -- it had clearly been dropped or had something heavy fall on it during shipping. I contacted Amazon customer service, and later that day a new grill was en-route with expedited shipping (it arrived 2 days after my first one) and the damaged one was picked up the next day by UPS. No fuss, no muss -- a very nice experience.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dwight P:
[qb] Hello All,

I am about to purchase my first WSM and was undecided on which way to go. I have a Weber dealer in town that is asking $199 for the WSM. I would like to go with Amazon, but fear what condition the smoker will be in when it arrives. Is there anyone who has recieved their WSM's in bad condition????Dwight [/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I received mine 2-3 weeks ago in perfect condition. My only problem, the rib racks were out of stock. I have them now and plan to smoke my first ribs Saturday. It' been hard waiting this long, but I wanted to do the first one the way I plan to do them all and hopefully correct my mistakes, if I have any.

It's here, it's here!!!! Mine arrived last night, and it's in perfect shape! Not even a scratch on the box it came in!! From what I'm reading, I'm one of the lucky ones. UPS has outdone themselves. It's maiden voyage will be this Sunday! Woooohoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

I got mine from the guy on ebay (ewins.com), bought a weber chimney from him as well, both were shipped for free and arrived in perfect condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back